It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2010, 07:29 AM   #1
(female)

Amber0024 HB User
Please Help!

Hello

So for a while now, I've been having a problem with my heart beating pretty fast and the feeling that it will skip a beat or pause. I've never been able to feel my pulse in my wrist, but could always feel it good in my neck. That had been happening for a few years and the doctor said he might put me on metoprolol. So about a month ago, I started getting really dizzy alot, and just felt lightheaded all of the time. And I also couldn't hear well out of my right ear. I went to the doctor 3x over the last month. First time they did bloodwork and everything came back fine. The next time they did a brain MRI and everything came back ok. Last time, the doctor said he thought it was coming from my heart and put me on metoprolol.
Ok, before I could start taking the medicine, I got a bad cold/sinus infection and the pharmacist had told me not to take the medicine with OTC cold medicine so I decided to wait until after the cold had passed before I took it. But now things are different. My heart isn't beating as fast as it was. I can barely feel my pulse in my neck anymore. And when I finally do find it, its weak. Now I'm afraid something is wrong with my heart. How dangerous is it if you can't feel your pulse? And now I don't know whether to take that medicine or not if its going to slow my heart since it doesn't feel like its beating very fast anyways. I've been to the doctor so many times in the last month, I really don't want to go back. But this is really starting to worry me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2010, 07:47 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Please Help!

Well a person could always place a telephone call in to him to ask him. If a person is not putting his hand in the exact spot for the pulse he might not feel it. If the blood pressure is low it might not be felt as easily. There can be more than one cause for low blood pressure. Are you getting a proper amount of water?

Last edited by hb-mod; 11-10-2010 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Removed Quote. Please use "QUICK reply" rather than "QUOTE reply". Thanks!

Old 11-08-2010, 08:00 AM   #3
(female)

Amber0024 HB User

Yes, I'm getting enough water. I guess what is scaring me is how easily I felt my pulse before, and now its barely there. Thank you for your reply

Old 11-08-2010, 10:11 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber0024 View Post
Yes, I'm getting enough water. I guess what is scaring me is how easily I felt my pulse before, and now its barely there. Thank you for your reply
You are welcome have a nice day.

Old 11-18-2010, 02:23 PM   #5
(male)

mmcphee7117 HB User

How about adequate salt intake? I add some natural celtic/redman's sea salt to my water which is great for balancing H20/electrolytes and helped me with my BP. I recommend (and so don't a lot of holistic health experts which is where I picked this up) that everyone add a pinch (or more...enough so you don't quite taste the salt). Just an idea...if it is mostly bp related.

Of course, check with dr. Where a Holter, get an ekg, and the whole deal...

Old 11-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #6
(male)

jeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB User

Amber,

Did your dr. gave you any diagnostic?? Metoprolol is a BetaBlocker and as such, it is suppose to decrease your HR and lower your BP, but it is used for Tachycardias, arrhythmias, hight BP, ischemia, Heart failure .... what is the problem that your dr. wants to solve with it??

This is important because, you are now thinking that you already have low BP but have you verified it?

Just to illustrate how important is to know it ... if you have an arrytmia the salt that is already mentioned, probably, will not worsen your status, but if you have HBP or hearth failure you should not take it.

The same happen with the pills for the cold/flu, the pharmacist somehow gave you the wrong message ... if you are taking the metoprolol because you have HPB or ischemic problems is not that you should not mix the medicines is that you should not take them AT ALL because they will increase you BP and will narrow your vessels, however if you only have a tachycardia, you should not have problems taking them.

By the way, I used to have HBP before my hearth attack, and now I have it low, neither before or after, I have been able to feel my pulse.

Jesus

Old 11-20-2010, 08:07 AM   #7
(male)

mmcphee7117 HB User

I know there is a lot of confusion out there and misinformation about salt in the diet. I'm not sure exactly how it affects arrhythmia's, and I'm no expert, but there is a big difference between table salt and natural celtic sea salt/redman's sea salt. Table salt, yes, not a good idea, will raise BP. I have found that using redman's sea salt has helped lower mine (as well as others), plus it provides a lot of other trace minerals which were in our drinking water throughout evolution before we stripped our water clean. Your body needs water with electrolytes in it. If you constantly provide your body with pure water and nothing else, it will not hydrate you properly. This is not to say that everyone should be consuming tons of salt with everything, but a switch from regular NaCl (table salt) to a sea salt with NaCL, Ca, Iodine, Mg, and plenty of other minerals can be a big change in the right direction for the body. And by adding small amounts to your water, you're essentially changing your water back to the way it was when our bodies evolved (what we are used to). Again, not an expert, but this is what I and many experts believe. It makes a lot of sense, and I know as soon as I started doing it, my Bp dropped and I felt a lot better. There is plenty of info on this out there on the web (too lazy to look up a good article). Anyway, just thought I would throw that out there for anyone who is interested.

Closed Thread