It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2010, 09:00 AM   #1
(male)

49IBS HB User
Left Arm Pain Concern

I am a 50 year old male. A brief history. I have recently been diagnosed with IBS -c with hepatic flexure syndrome, I control the pain with Bentyl daily. I also have acid reflux, and osteoarthritis. My family has a history of stroke no history of heart disease. I have had an abundance of tests in the last year – colonoscopy, endoscopy, CT and MRI of neck and brain, couple of ecgs (most recent August 1st of this year). I have had a couple of visits to ER with chest pains in Feb of this year) and suspected stroke (my gp called it a TIA). All tests were normal. I have taken avapro for high blood pressure and Lipitor for cholesterol for the past 10 years.

My concern is left arm pain located on the inner part of my upper arm. This pain can happen at any time can be sharp or a dull ache. There is no chest pain or shortness of breath with the pain. Can this pain be heart related? Thanks for your help and comments!

Last edited by 49IBS; 11-08-2010 at 10:34 AM.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:53 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: Left Arm Pain COncern

Hi 49IBS,
Cardiac pain has never been described as 'sharp' so if it's a sharp pain it's not your heart.

If the pain goes or decreases when you change position it's not your heart.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #3
(male)

49IBS HB User
Re: Left Arm Pain COncern

Thank you for your quick reply. I have been relatively healthy my entire life, but since getting ill last year I guess I get a little paranoid.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:21 AM   #4
(female)

query11 HB User
Post Re: Left Arm Pain Concern

I am 45 years and last month I got cold and cough. Now I have left arm pain for 10 days continuously, very pain. Sometimes I feel as if my bone is broken. But I did nothing wrong. No physical hurt. I go and see doctor take X-ray and screening for bird flu, then X-ray also clear and flu also negative. Doctor just gave me analgesic and relaxin. But it cannot help my left arm pain. I have hypertension and take Aprovel 150 mg half tablet for 5 years already. My right side lung has 1.8 cm nodule. Biopsy is done, no malignant cell or infection. What the cause can be for my left arm pain. The pain is seriously. But I can sleep and when I sleep it's better.

Closed Thread