It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2010, 03:41 PM   #1
(male)

arecene2002 HB User
Enlarged heart thread #100

Sorry folks,

I see many posts with the same question...I'm 43 Years old and my X-ray shows an enlarged heart. What got me over to my X-Ray to start with is my major Edema..Legs, feet, hands, stomach, I feel like its my entire body, but my feet, legs & ankles are the worst along with my stomach. I also have shortness of breath and been very tired..So, that's what got me over to the hospital for my X-Ray..Now, it shows a TCI of 0.58..anyone know what this is? Does that mean my heart is 58% too large for my ribcage? Just some stuff I've been reading..

Overall, I do have an appointment tomorrow for an EKG, so I guess I will find out what is what, but I feel really bad today and I live in the Dominican Republic which I don't speak a lick of Spanish..hard to communicate...

I see that there are a few different stages? and I seem to fit the Heart Failure stage the best since I have all of those symptoms...That's about it..So, if anyone can give me some answers on that ICT of 0.58 or is it CTI? again, not sure what it means, 58% too big..

Please advise if you can

Thanks so much!!

Anthony

Last edited by arecene2002; 11-08-2010 at 05:33 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Old 11-08-2010, 10:14 PM   #2
(male)

arecene2002 HB User
Re: Enlarged heart thread #100

Sorry about that Mods..

Also, nobody has any idea's? Its now 2AM and very worried with a new symptom..I am very light headed right now, nothing new there, but it seems to be stronger. My new symptom is pain on my left rib right below the breast, from almost the kidney to the solar plexus..Hurts like hell if a take a deeper breath and if I press on the area as well. Again, my enlarged heart is 0.58 but I don't know if that means its pressing on my ribs or not..If so, I guess this may explain the pain. I have just a few more hours, 7 to be exact before my EKG..can't wait!! Very worried

Thanks in advance for any thoughts

Anthony

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2010, 02:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Enlarged heart thread #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by arecene2002 View Post
... I'm 43 Years old and my X-ray shows an enlarged heart.
XRAYs usually are not considered as the most reliable source of determining an enlarged heart.

Quote:
What got me over to my X-Ray to start with is my major Edema..Legs, feet, hands, stomach, I feel like its my entire body, but my feet, legs & ankles are the worst along with my stomach. I also have shortness of breath and been very tired..
Edema, shortness of breath and fatigue/tiredness are all symptoms of a failed/enlarged heart, they are also symptoms of other ailments.

Do you drink a lot of liquids? Have a high salt diet? On medications? Have other known health problems? Overweight?

Quote:
Now, it shows a TCI of 0.58..anyone know what this is? Does that mean my heart is 58% too large for my ribcage? Just some stuff I've been reading..
In the 24 years that I have battled Heart Failure, I've never heard of TCI. Do you know what it abbreviates?

Quote:
I am very light headed right now, nothing new there, but it seems to be stronger. My new symptom is pain on my left rib right below the breast, from almost the kidney to the solar plexus..Hurts like hell if a take a deeper breath and if I press on the area as well.
Your current symptoms do not relate to Heart Failure/Enlarged Heart, IMHO. Perhaps they will shed some light on your current health problems. I assume that you are going to check with the doctors regarding these new symptoms.

Quote:
Overall, I do have an appointment tomorrow for an EKG, so I guess I will find out what is what,
An EKG is not an accurate source for determining a failed/weak/enlarged heart. An EKG will show how well your heart stays in rhythm.

Perhaps the doctors will be able to provide you with better explanations at your next visit. Ask questions! Get copies of your results so that you can better research them on the internet, or to help you ask others about the results.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 11-09-2010 at 02:25 AM.

Closed Thread