It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
(male)

bear6079 HB User
Question Ectopic Heartbeat

Hi, I am a 21 year old male and I am fairly health. I am overweight, but I am athletic and active so I don't understand what's going on. Just a few months ago I started to workout regularly and I started to notice that during and sometimes after I work out (mainly when I run or lift heavy weights) that I can feel my heart pounding in my chest and when I check my pulse it's very strong and then all of a sudden it feels like it stops then pumps a few times and then stops and then goes back to normal and I am short of breath when this happens. I went to the doctor and he said it sounded like ectopic heartbeat and ordered me a halter monitor and I had to wear it for 24hrs he said he would get back to me when the results came in. That was almost a week ago and so I've taken the mentality that no news is good news. And honestly I have not noticed anything since then. That might be due to the fact that I have cut back on caffeine.

However, today I noticed that my heart did it again, but this time it was when I was climbing the stairs to my dorm room carrying two cases of water. When I got to the top of the stairs my heart was beating real heavy and it felt that my heart was skipping beats along with adding beats. It ended about 15 to 20 seconds after I reached the top of the stairs and then I was fine.

I just don't know what is going on. For there is no pain when this happens and the doctor says that is a good thing and to just live with it for now. Yet every once in a while there is pain in my chest when I am not doing anything, but it only last for 5 to 10 minutes and then it goes away. But like I said I don't know what to think. I am really concerned because heart disease and diabetes runs in my family and I want to be free of them. What do you guys think?

Last edited by bear6079; 11-09-2010 at 06:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
(male)

arecene2002 HB User
Re: Ectopic Heartbeat

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=745032

TAKE A LOOK AROUND, DO SOME READING. I HAVE SEEN QUITE A FEW OTHER FOLKS WITH THE SAME ISSUE, SEE LINK ABOVE

Closed Thread