It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
(female)

tripleemms HB User
Question Disturbing Sensation (Middle/Left Side)

So, for about probably almost half a year or more now I've been experiencing the most unusual bodily symptoms, however they are very disturbing as well as perturbing. I often worry there could be something extremely wrong, however most times I go to the doctor they all dismiss it as something normal. However, I was wondering if anybody else had some more helpful insight?

Before listing the symptoms though, I have Asthma, I smoke, but am in the process of quitting and have only smoked for about a year, at least with cigarettes that is, I take 20mg of Adderall daily, two of needed, and I had an EKG test about 2 years ago and it said that everything was perfect, however this was also before I was prescribed the Ad. I'm about 5'7 1/2 and fluctuate between about 130-135 Lbs.

1. Alternating pulses, sometimes it will be racing very quickly, and then sometimes it slows down to the point that I check my pulse to make sure it's beating at all. Also, sometimes when it's racing, if I take a breath it feels like it skips a beat.

2. Sometimes when I try to fall asleep I will have this very sharp pain down the entire center of my chest that radiates over also to the left side, it worsens as I take breaths.

3. I often feel weird pulsations around my chest that are felt in my stomach and upper back as well. Sometimes they feel like they travel all the way down to my feet.

4. The lymph nodes on my chest are significant swollen, and I keep getting little poppable bumps on my chest lately, but I've never been prone to acne and never got things like this on my chest before. (However, i think it perhaps could be a heat rash from using a heating pad at night to dull the chest pain)

5. At times it feels like I can't feel my left arm, I know it's not numb though because I'll pinch it to make sure and I can feel everything fine. Also, my hands sometimes look an awkward pale/reddish color.

6. I'm not sure if it's related, but also lately I've been getting a blue-purple tint in my legs and feet, and the soles of my feet ache when i walk

7. I also experience sharp or unpleasant pains under my left ribs, occasionally on the right side too, but it's not common.

8. Sometimes the pain in my chest can be also felt in my stomach and I often feel the sensation of fluids transferring from one side to the other, or air or whatever it is, but it's not gas or anything like that. I also feel this in my chest sometimes, the sensation of air or something shifting.

9. The most perturbing symptom however that I experience from time to time is the physical pop or jolt of my chest. First it feels like a weird pressure, then usually if i'm sitting up it feels as if a water balloon around my lympnodes just popped open and my shoulder sort of twitches forward, and then there is a dull ache of pain and it goes away. When i'm laying down however, the same sensation occurs except my entire chest/body literally jerks back.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2010, 06:10 PM   #2
(female)

tripleemms HB User
Re: Disturbing Sensation (Middle/Left Side)

(there are a few more basic symptoms too such as fatigue, trouble sleeping, trouble eating, and muscle spasms in the legs and arms--but the listen above are the main symptoms that trouble me).

Old 11-19-2010, 08:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: Disturbing Sensation (Middle/Left Side)

tripleemms

Have you consulted a gastoenterologist, because it sounds like you are having heartburn due to acid reflux. The description of when you are falling a sleep the sharp pain down the center of your chest that radiates to the left could be your stomach acids backing up your esophagus.
Your fast and than slow heart rates could be related to your taking Adderall.
In terms of your swollen lymph nodes, has a doctor check these nodes and has anyone suggested maybe doing a biopsy to see why they are swollen? Does the doctor that you have seen explain why he/she thinks that the swollen lymph nodes are normal?
If you are really concerned and you definately sound like you are than I would request a referral to a gastrolenterologist and a cardiologist to be reevaluated. There is no need to have a constant thought of something wrong. You are not feeling well and you deserve answers as to why.
I hope you are feeling better soon.

Closed Thread