It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2010, 11:16 AM   #1
(female)

SARAH222333 HB User
Really need an answer please

Hi I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this but here goes. I'm 68 and have had spells of irregular heartbeats from my 30s. Sometimes I go years without problems and then back they come. I've had lots of heart tests and everything has come back normal. These are my symptoms as I honestly don't know what my condition is called or if anyone else has what I have. All of a sudden my heart will thump in my chest and then there is a pause DURING WHICH MY HEAD REELS. If I'm quick - often i'm not quick enough - I take a really deep breath and by holding it the normal beats return. But it's HORRIBLE if I'm not quick enough as I then get pounding thumps in my neck or abdomen for sometimes 10 minutes. Those ten minutes feel like hours. It's so wonderful when the beats return to normal. What on earth is this called? And does anyone else get this head reeling during the pause as I've looked on the internet and can't find a single soul who gets this. Not that I want anyone to experience this but it would be a relief to know I'm not alone. Today at church my heart started like this - "miss a beat, thump thump, miss a beat, thump". Fortunately today the pause wasn't long enough to make me lightheaded but yesterday in the supermarket it did and I had to bend over and put my head down. My GP told me years ago to cough or push my stomach out hard but it doesn't always work Thank you for reading all this. Sorry for going on such a lot but I've had a year's break from them and I am so disheartened to find they've come back again. x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
(male)

doubleaaaron79 HB User
Re: Really need an answer please

It's probably pvc's or pac's. I have them and my heart does the same exact thing yours does as in your description. I have a pacemaker and it didn't fix mine. Only the bradycardia. I have seen the heart doc many many times and the only thing they think might take care of it is either an ablation or take one of my pm leads out.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:46 AM   #3
(female)

SARAH222333 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleaaaron79 View Post
It's probably pvc's or pac's. I have them and my heart does the same exact thing yours does as in your description. I have a pacemaker and it didn't fix mine. Only the bradycardia. I have seen the heart doc many many times and the only thing they think might take care of it is either an ablation or take one of my pm leads out.
What is bradicardia, a pm lead and ablation?? I was told in 1970s that I had something called supraventricular tachicardia. Does this ring a bell with anyone? I'm starting to get worried now......

Old 11-30-2010, 08:23 AM   #4
(female)

time and again HB User

Hi Sarah,, ive just read your post, and it sounds s if you are getting what I have. Im 77, and have been having these horrible missed beats since I was 18. They went away for a long time during my 30s 40s and 50s, but have returned with a vengeance this last four or five years. I get the horrible thumps, and a long pause between, sometimes as many as 10, then my heart will start beating normally again for a little while. I get it worse when im in bed, and when I wake in the morning. Sometimes I get it when im in the supermarket. Ive had an ecg and ultra sound, and they say it is ectopic beats, but i cant feel the small beat before the thud, so I dont know. I too get the horrible feelings in my head especially when im getting the thumps. Im having another ecg this week, and im going to ask the dr if I can have another holter monitor. I do feel sorry for you as these horrible feelings are so frightening. They make you feel so weak and faint.

The following user gives a hug of support to time and again:
SARAH222333 (12-02-2010)
The Following User Says Thank You to time and again For This Useful Post:
SARAH222333 (12-02-2010)
Old 11-30-2010, 04:55 PM   #5
(female)

caring12 HB Usercaring12 HB User

bradycardia is a slower than normal heartbeat.oh, reading this sucks. i have a tachy pvc pac heart... somedays it is not noticable and others... holy cow. i feel like i am going to swallow my heart. so, this means it will get more uncomfy with age..

i have learned the most interesting things on this forum. but good to know what to expect. mine give me headaches sometime.

The Following User Says Thank You to caring12 For This Useful Post:
SARAH222333 (12-02-2010)
Closed Thread