It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
(female)

avalonrose HB User
Abnormal baseline EKG "normal" for me?

I was born with a slight heart murmur that my parents were told to check up on every five years or so. At age 12, they were told I'd never have to go back to the cardiologist, that the hole was pretty much closed.
Fast forward to a few years ago, when I started getting panic attacks and developed costochondritis, both things that pushed me into going to a cardiologist again. Apparently I have an abnormal baseline EKG, but echocardiogram and stress tests were both normal, so they told me everything looked good and I didn't have to follow up with them again. Fast forward to today when I went to a walk in clinic for an impromptu EKG after panic attack and probable-GERD induced palps happened. The staff were freaking out over my abnormal EKG and acted like it was just horrible. They then faxed a request for my records at my cardiologists, got them faxed and compared THEIR EKG with the one they took today...both EKGs, one from two years ago and the one from today, were IDENTICAL. So the dr's today quit freaking out.
My question is, how can my baseline EKG look so "bad" but I have a normal echo and stress test, plus be told that everything was normal? I'm so confused, and no one really has an answer for me.

Last edited by avalonrose; 11-22-2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: added information

Closed Thread