It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
(male)

cvcman HB Usercvcman HB Usercvcman HB User
Lad stent 2 months ago now pain

51 yr old male one stent in lad, all other arteries were clear. No I am having kind of a burning type of pain across the center of my chest. I workout 30 minutes everyday on threadmill/bike in heart range of 135-140 bpm, I do NOT have pain when working out.

Seems to be when sitting down or sometimes when walking normal but again not when workingout. My cardio said "well if it doesnt hurt when working out the pain you are feeling is probably not heart related" he said as long as my chlostral is as low as it is and im doing the asprin/plavix everyday he doesnt think I will have any problems.

Im concerned to say the least but what does this sound like ????? Is the only way to know for sure if its heart to have another angio ??

Old 11-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: Lad stent 2 months ago now pain

Hmm, .......
When I had my angina I also had burning pain .. kinda in the lower part of my throat.

It should not be cardiac related if you are not having the pain during exercise but I also at times used to have pain during rest.

I wouldn't expect your stent to close up this soon but if it were me I'd have it checked out by a doctor.

Good luck.

Last edited by Vyking; 11-27-2010 at 04:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #3
(male)

My Dr seems to feel the stent will never plug, he said " I used a 4mm and its a huge stent" He also says if the discomfort I feel is not there during exercise its not heart related

Old 11-27-2010, 07:29 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvcman View Post
My Dr seems to feel the stent will never plug,
I'm not one to argue with your doctor but you might want to google the statistics of restenosis due to stents clogging up.

Stents seem to be a bit 'hit and miss' - some people have better success than others, the information is out there, you just need to look for it.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:04 PM   #5
(male)

He told me he has done thousands with a single percent failure. I have read the info and talked to him about it. He said" in a person like you with great chlostral numbers, great workout routine, and takes your meds like you should i dont plan to see you for at least 10 yrs"

I also realize stuff happens but please be carefull what you read on the web, we have no idea what shape these people are in, do they continue to smoke etc not take meds etc, no exercise etc.... also we really dont know who is posting the info

Guess time will tell but I hope it doesnt plug...if it does do they then do bypass ??

Old 11-27-2010, 08:34 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

I'm not saying that it's plugged .. I just want you to be aware of the possibility and see your doctor if you're unsure of any pain.

I believe they can re-stent or do bypass - I guess it depends on the situation but they are able to fix it.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:52 PM   #7
(male)

I understand,but again IF I went to the er what would they do ?? I would probably have to lie and tell them I had pain right then because again it doesnt last.
Is there anyway to tell if this stent or another artery is plugging ?? Doesnt seem likely being the meds im on and its only been 2 months..Also lack of pain upon exercise right ?

Old 11-27-2010, 09:00 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)

What I don't understand is that you seem convinced or you are trying to convince me that the pain is not from your heart.
If that's the case then why are you posting your concerns in the heart forum?

Old 11-28-2010, 06:27 AM   #9
(male)

Well...more curious as to if any others HERE have had symptoms like this and what they turned out to be ie; medication,muscle,heart etc. I cant think of any reason it would be my heart IF no problems working out and the feelings are more when sitting around...
Also asked a question ...Is there anyway to know other than another angio so you see my post was for several reasons, thank you for your input !

Old 12-14-2010, 08:27 AM   #10
(male)

Cremer HB User

I had 3 stents put into my RCA and LCA arteries and after 6 months they have furred up again, the surgeon has said I need a triple bypass now.

When I get angina it's always from anxiety or worry and never from exertion, are you stressed out and is this causing your pain.

Old 12-14-2010, 03:46 PM   #11
(male)

jeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB User

Could it be gastric problems due to medication??

What about trying an stomach protector for a week to see if it goes away?

Jesus

Old 12-14-2010, 06:16 PM   #12
(female)

dhill2020 HB User

I think you need an appointment with your cardiologist and get another angio done so you can SEE what's going on in there. You said a burning? Most people with stents say they feel a pinching. Have you ever had trouble with GERD before? Just a couple suggestions. I have a stent also, every once in awhile a little hint of a pain but doesn't last, good luck to you!

Old 12-15-2010, 01:46 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

started04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB User

One almost has to agree with the doctor that it isn't cardiovascular problem. Almost always when there is angina pectoris that indicates there is not sufficient blood flow to the heart cells. At rest with less demand for blood oxygen there oftened is enough blood flowing to the heart cells. But when there is exertion the demand increases for oxygened blood and narrow or occluded vessels impede the blood flow. Nitro will increase the diameter of vessels for better perfusion and often will decease angina. If you have some nitro medication, that may help to eliminate the heart as a problem.

Smaller vessels have ahigher percentage of restenosis but finding–the restenosis rate for large vessels (≥3 mm) was 20% compared with 33% for smaller vessels after 6 months of stent implant. However, you don't need another angio, but if your chest pain problem exists and thought to be a possible occlusion, a stress test can view the blood flow to the heart cells during exertion and blood flow with rest

Old 01-19-2011, 05:01 PM   #14
(male)

dsp2 HB User

Hi, all. I'm new here. Curious what happened in this case. I think newer everolomus (sp) stents like the Xience V or the Promus stent (I think it's the same stent) have really low restenosis rates. But I think that if restenosis occurs it usually does in the first 6 months after the initial procedure (this is restenosis.....the stent getting blocked due to the "scar tissue" like effect....not the stent eventually reclogging due to plaques (which I think is longer term) or the stent immediately blocking due to thrombosis (which can happen basically whenever).

How about a CT angiogram? The only problem there is that they're sometimes inconclusive so you wind up needing a regular one, anyway, and now you've gotten twice the radiation.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:09 PM   #15
(male)

well i still have twinges and the dr still says probably muscle or gerd. no problem when biking which i do 7 days a week min 30 minutes at 137 heart rate...more when im sitting so probably is gerd or something.
Other than tha i feel fine. I also take a brisk walk after supper 5 nights a week for about 20 minutes.. Other than brusing from the plavix I seem ok. I shovel snow, snow blow snow, run, bike etc....

Closed Thread