It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User
on and off chest pains. why?

hope someone can help me on this.

i'm 24 , weight 13-14stone and 5'7 tall.

i keep getting on and off chest pains..it is painful in one side of my chest and then a few hours later it goes to the other side.

also, my boyfriend told me he is worried about my sleeping as he said i was snoring very strangely like i couldnt get air into my body and gasping and having like a shock.

i'm not too worried , but what could it be ? can't see doctors till next week so just wondering in the mean time if anyone has any ideas what it could be.

Old 12-01-2010, 07:09 AM   #2
(female)

madelyndanielle HB User
Re: on and off chest pains. why?

there are alot of things that it could potentially be. i am 24 and after i had my second child i strangely developed several cardiac symptoms ranging from palpitations to chest pains...doctors check a lot of things first, for example, pleuracy(fluid on the outside of the lung) which can be very painful, or even some deep muscle pulls across the chest which you may not have realized. the doctors will probably run an ekg on you just to check so that will help ease your curiosity of it being your heart. you also may want to consider stress levels. no one likes to hear this ever, but sometimes stress can cause chest discomfort...wishing you the best of luck...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #3
(female)

Katiequiggle HB User

Hope you don't mind me saying but any chest pains should be checked out. I had indigestion for just over a month and even went to see my GP who gave me stronger antacids. Last Saturday when I could bear it no longer and the pain lasted over 2 hours I finally decided I should go to the hospital because I couldn't get rid of it with gaviscon and sitting down. I was having a heart attack which I needed a stent to fix. So please don't feel foolish about going to the hospital and getting it checked out next time you have a pain. I wish I had gone a few weeks ago because it would have saved me having the attack. The Drs will be only to pleased that you have wasted their time if it turns out that you have so don't worry.

Old 12-02-2010, 06:11 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User

thank you for both of your replies. the pain has not been around past few days. maybe it was stress then ill still go to doctors to get it checked its hard to get anywhere at moment as the snow is heavy and not much transport to doctors surgery which is quite far. thanks anyway. i bet that was terrifying the heart attack you had i am so glad you survived that. i will ask doctor to do them tests aswell that you suggested first poster. thank you to both x

Closed Thread