It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2010, 04:50 AM   #1
(female)

2007worrysoul HB User
if I stop drinking coffee today -Wednesday will I notice a big difference?

if I stop drinking coffee today -Wednesday will I notice a big difference?

Old 11-29-2010, 10:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: if I stop drinking coffee today -Wednesday will I notice a big difference?

If your metabolism is anything like mine, you might experience worsening symptoms after stopping a food or drink, especially one containing a chemical like caffeine.

I seem to often experience rebound effects from changing my diet or changing my eating/drinking habits.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 11-29-2010 at 10:44 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2010, 05:30 PM   #3
(female)

caring12 HB Usercaring12 HB User

eveyone is different. i stopped for a while then my bp got to low. i had a heart attack and other heart issues. so when the bp got below 90 again. after being 124, i began to drink it again or coke. coke has less caffiene. i now alternate. my bp is 109.. perfect. you have to try it and see what happens. after my attack i could not handle the extra jolt of caffiene. the affect was instant and not comfy.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:44 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

lylone HB User

You may feel sleepy and tired for awhile as your body adjusts to not having it's caffeine to get you going. It took me a good month and it was worth it! I am caffeine free and don't get the highs and lows anymore. It has helped my blood pressure and my SVTs a lot.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:11 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Hi,
Your body is made up of about 70% water. So, everything that you drink has to be processed by your liver to get the water for all your organs to function.

Coffee contains no nutritional value except it does give you the caffiene kick-- as others have said it may take a little time to get rid of this habit but I think it's well worth the effort.

After drinking coffee, your gastro system thinks you have eaten a steak and your liver activates to produces the bile required for digestion -- and there is very little to digest.

I quit drinking coffee about 30 years ago because of peptic ulcers. When I had ulcers in the 1970ties, was when doctors thought they were caused by anxiety and worry. I read an article about an ulcer cure by the Mayo Clinic and after the treatment the only requierment was to eliminate coffee from your diet -- so I did and have been thankful ever since.

Now they know 85% of ulcers are caused by H pylori bacteria (discovered by Dr Barry Marshall,MD in Austrialia in 1982-- recieved the Nobel prize in 2005) and are treated with antibiotics and a proton pump inhibitor for a week or so.

I suggest getting rid of anything that does not add nutitional value to your body. There will later be other problems to be concerned about!!

Harry

Closed Thread