It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2010, 11:18 AM   #1
(male)

cvcman HB Usercvcman HB Usercvcman HB User
Plavix? bruising when first started, now nothing.

The first few days on Plavix I noticed alot of brusing. Now I dont see much of that and I just had blood work done and the next day my arm was bruised now you cant even tell..Is this normal or does it mean the Plavix isnt working anymore ???
Also when they finished the blood test there was no residuial bleeding, normal ??

Old 12-12-2010, 11:29 AM   #2
(male)

jeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB User
Re: Plavix ? brusing when first started now nothing

There is a percentage of people to whom plavix will not produce the desired effect. It is genetic and the numbers vary depending on the patient race.

Also, there are some medicaments (Proton Pump Inhibitors) like Omeoprazole that are under observation to see if they inhibit or not the effect of plavix.

However as you describe it, it just could be the ability of the nurse making the extraction.

Jesus

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2010, 11:34 AM   #3
(male)

well im on Plavix and full strength asprin, again I had brusing to start with now not so much after 2 months. Also the area where she did the blood draw was brusied but cleared up in 3 days which is faster than it was doing before.

How does one know if the Plavix IS working

Old 12-12-2010, 01:43 PM   #4
(male)

I am a white man 51 yrs old. My question is if im not bleeding easy is this stuff working ????? I wa sto start with and I am not now. Now I understand its NOT an anticoagulant but ......

How many others here on Plavix have no bleeding or brusing and have not another heart problem ??

Old 12-13-2010, 06:06 AM   #5
(male)

jeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB User

I was on Plavix the first year after my stents insertion, but I did not noticed any difference between taking aspirin or aspirin+plavix.

Also I was investigating how could it be checked if it was working or not ... the conclusion that I got is that, there are different devices to test aggregation, that they use different techniques to measure it and that unless that you had made an aggregation test before taking it and another one after start taking it with the same sort of device you are not able to know if it is working or not.

Jesus

Closed Thread