It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2010, 07:33 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

gav_73 HB User
Abnormal EKG: Negative T-Waves, Anterior Ischemia (HELP!)

Hi all,

I went in for a regular physical, and since I'm over 35, part of the physical was to get an EKG. I was surprised when the results were abnormal. The results said "Negative T-Waves: Anterior Ischemia." My doctor asked me if I had ever had a heart attack. Of course, I said no. I went in for a check up because I've been experiencing shortness of breath, even with the smallest exertion. I noticed it when I went to pick up my daughter and couldn't even talk after walking from my car to her front door. I also lose my breath sometimes just from talking. Now, I'm very out of shape, but not particularly overweight. I'm 37. Heart disease runs on both side of the family, though only for older family members.

Anyway, doctor ordered a Cardiopulminary Metabolic Excersize Test with Stress Echocardiogram (sp?). But I am worried. Does anyone have any idea about the false positive rate of EKGs for this "disorder?" I want to know what to expect, as I've been freaking out.

Any advice is welcome! Thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2010, 07:50 AM   #2
(male)

Cremer HB User
Re: Abnormal EKG: Negative T-Waves, Anterior Ischemia (HELP!)

Not much help but my heart problems started when I was diagnosed with inverted T waves. I was also asked if I had a heart attack and I said No.

I was also out of breath and getting classic heart pains in shoulders and left arm.

I never had the exercise test just the ECG.

I then had an angiogram and found out my LAD was 100% blocked, My RCA 80% and LCA 70%.

Let us know how you get on, and try not to stress, as this might cause a false positive result.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2010, 10:24 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

gav_73 HB User

Thank you so much! I was pretty calm when I took the EKG because I wasn't expecting anything. No chest pain, so that's good. I'm taking the test on Weds, so I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

Old 12-14-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav_73 View Post
I was pretty calm when I took the EKG because I wasn't expecting anything. No chest pain, so that's good.
Actually, it is better to have symptoms, like chest pains, while you are taking the EKG. The EKG will only capture how the heart is performing during the test. The performance of the heart varies, somewhat, throughout the day. That is why cardiologists like holter tests of the heart, which are 24 hour EKG tests.

Quote:
I'm taking the test on Weds, so I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again!
Good luck with the Stress Echocardiogram. Hopefully it will show things which are either easily treated or just totally healthy.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Old 12-24-2010, 10:42 AM   #5
(male)

sico HB User

My normal EKG shows a positive T Wave. But when I have an episode of tachy it goes negative. Was told that this is stress and benign.

Closed Thread