It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2010, 11:39 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

cartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB User
I need help people, dizzy and heart

Hi,

I have high bp since I was a little kid, started medication since I was 16-18 (can't remember) and now I'm 28. Recently, I weaned off my medication and took natural approach. So far my bp is less than 140/90, 135/88 or even less.

I'm still overweight and I can't exercise due to cartilage loss in both knees and also problems in shoulders, but I can walk.

I had an EGK 10 years ago and they say my heart is fine, but there was a little thing I don't understand but 5 drs said don't worry about it. I want have another one but my left shoulder is injuried and I can't have the EGK at the moment.

Anyway, now after 1 week off Diltiazem, SR 90mg twice daily, I have dizzness especially when I stand up and I feel so bad. Is that heart related? I don't think it's bp because it's not high.
Thanks for help

Old 12-15-2010, 12:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: I need help people, dizzy and heart

Hi Mike.

Sorry to hear about your uncomfortable health problems.

Heart medications, such as Diltiazem basically work by blocking or inhibiting hormones and cytokines which raise the blood pressure and incite the heart. You decided to stop the blocking action of Diltiazem about a week ago. What medications are you using instead of Diltiazem?

It can take quite a while to get over the side effects from withdrawal, PLUS..... when you stop the blockage of hormones and cytokines which might be doing harmful things to your body, then those hormones and cytokines can resume their nasty ways, which usually results in higher blood pressure, increased and erratic pulse and related side effects.

Quote:
So far my bp is less than 140/90, 135/88 or even less.
If the Diastolic number is not 80 or less, then the blood pressure is not healthy.

You've been advising others to take Magnesium, Hawthorn Berry, Garlic, Hibiscus tea, Grape Seed Extract, NatureBP and Fish Oil.

Perhaps you are taking either too much of these or too little. What do you think?

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

The Following User Says Thank You to Machaon For This Useful Post:
cartner (12-15-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2010, 01:13 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

cartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB User

Hi my friend,

Hope you are doing ok. Actually, I just took a reading and it's 126/88 68. The supplements are working great in reducing the bp as well as heart rate. But sometimes things go out of control, I guess it's the food. I need to research about what food spikes my heart rate.

Right now I have the same dizziness and I feel unbalanced.
So you are saying that Diltiazem can protects the body? I can't understand how a medication can protect the body by blocking hormones. I just read about that, the problem is that I can't do anything since I stopped (weaned off) it. It's like I'm 100% unfunctional anymore.
Thanks for your help my friend

Old 12-15-2010, 02:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartner View Post
Hi my friend,

Hope you are doing ok.
I am doing fine. I have gotten off my diet, quite a bit, over the past several months. What is interesting is that my blood pressure average is trending higher in the Diastolic ONLY. My Systolic has stayed steady over the past several months, but my Diastolic average has increased from the high 60's to the medium 70's?! Velly interesting......

Quote:
Actually, I just took a reading and it's 126/88 68. The supplements are working great in reducing the bp as well as heart rate. But sometimes things go out of control, I guess it's the food. I need to research about what food spikes my heart rate.
It is truly great that you have been able to find the supplements that help you! Nice going, my friend!

Quote:
Right now I have the same dizziness and I feel unbalanced.
So you are saying that Diltiazem can protects the body? I can't understand how a medication can protect the body by blocking hormones.
You are right in being a little confused about hormones. Actually, hormones and cytokines are very VERY helpful to our bodies. In fact they are essential to our wellbeing and health. We each have over 300 hormones and a bunch of cytokines in our bodies. Buts...... when there is a defect within our bodies, or when our bodies perceive us as having a problem, our metabolism tries to adjust the level of hormones and cytokines to protect us, or come to our rescue; resulting in many cases in an overproduction of hormones or cytokines.

Think of hormones and cytokines in the same way as salt. We each need a certain amount of sodium. Buts.... too much sodium in our diets is harmful. Another example is caffeine. Many drink a cup or two of caffeinated coffee to pick themselves up and give them an energy boost. Too much caffeine can pick you up too much and drive you start raving nuts!

The very helpful, wonderful, magnificent hormones and cytokines are essential to life, but at the same time, too much is like having poison within our bodies. Too much hormone/cytokines actually can cause damage to organs, glands, nerves, muscles, etc.; cause our blood vessels to contract, and can over-stimulate our heart causing erratic or weak, or pounding, or racing heartbeats.

So...... what is a pharmaceutical company to do about this serious situation. These companies spend hundreds of millions of dollars to create medications to block or inhibit the over-production of hormones and/or cytokines.

Regardless of understanding, or not understanding, all it takes is an examination of heart or blood pressure medication, to realize that almost all of these medications attempt to block or inhibit the production of hormones and/or cytokines.

Quote:
I just read about that, the problem is that I can't do anything since I stopped (weaned off) it. It's like I'm 100% unfunctional anymore.
Thanks for your help my friend
Well.... I hope that you are just going through withdrawal problems, and in another day or two you will be feeling great and back to your old self! However, you might need to be on some "hormone blocking" heart medication, so if it is not going to be a calcium channel blocker, what is it going to be, a Beta Blocker? An Ace Inhibitor? An Angiotensin II blocker (ARB)?

Take care, my friend. Be well!

⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 12-15-2010 at 02:19 AM.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:18 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Thanks for the time you spent writing the post for me and helping me .

Actually, I have tried all of the drug classes and the side effects are worse than those of CCBs. The problem is that I'm 28 years old with no health inssurance, and with alot of health problems. I need my health so I can get a job and have a life, I'm lost. But I'm trying to be strong and get over it.

Maybe if I continue to eat right those hormones will not be over produced???
I just took a reading and it's 128/87 67. I took hawthorn extract, Grape Seed Extract and Magnesium with my breakfast (1 banana and yugart). I feel better and more relaxed but still the same dizziness.
I think I should give my body a chance on that new great diet of mine, I have been eating poison and toxins for 28 years
Again, thanks for helping me and giving me the support.
Mike

Old 12-15-2010, 04:14 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Thanks for the time you spent writing the post for me and helping me .
Mike, you are such a nice person, it makes it easy to want to help!

Quote:
Actually, I have tried all of the drug classes and the side effects are worse than those of CCBs. ... Maybe if I continue to eat right those hormones will not be over produced???
In this statement of yours, you are answering your own question.

Just think this over....... the different drug classes attempt to block or inhibit the over-production of hormones and cytokines. In order for these medications to work correctly, they have to interact with your metabolism. If your metabolism is unbalanced, or messed up, who knows what these blood pressure meds will do once they get into your body?

That begs the question, how does one get a healthy, balanced metabolism? Well...... there are two essential steps for balancing one's metabolism. Diet and exercise. The healthier the diet and doing appropriate exercise has marvelous effects towards balancing one's metabolism and creating a healthy metabolism where medications will work correctly, and possibly without significant nasty side effects.

Quote:
I took hawthorn extract, Grape Seed Extract and Magnesium with my breakfast (1 banana and yugart).
I have absolutely no idea of how well your supplements interact with your metabolism and your medications.

I do know that both the banana and the yogurt are high glycemic foods, which are not particularly the best foods to eat for losing weight.

Quote:
I think I should give my body a chance on that new great diet of mine, I have been eating poison and toxins for 28 years
The more healthy the diet, the better it is for your metabolism and your health. Supplements may or may not be beneficial, but the most important interaction we have with our body and our metabolism is the food we eat. The food we eat not only provides fuel and energy for us, it also directly impacts our health. Each time we swallow food, we are impacting our body and metabolism.

Quote:
Again, thanks for helping me and giving me the support.
Mike
Best of luck and health, my friend!

⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 12-15-2010 at 04:14 AM.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:31 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

I'm not that nice person anyway , I'm trying anyway.

I'm losing 2-3 pounds per week, and I still need to lose 50 pounds. So diet has great impact on health, good news and this what gives me hope.

What do you think about red meat ??? this is my main source of protein, I eat about 150 grams daily.

Something you said:
The healthier the diet and doing appropriate exercise has marvelous effects towards balancing one's metabolism and creating a healthy metabolism where medications will work correctly, and possibly without significant nasty side effects.

That's VERY INTERESTING, medication without significant side effects if the metabolism is good. Is that something you have experienced? or read about?
Thanks again for helping a nice person
Mike

Old 12-15-2010, 09:06 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
I'm not that nice person anyway , I'm trying anyway.
I can only judge you by your conduct on HealthBoards. Here you are always willing to attempt to help others, or post a kind or complimentary word to others.

Quote:
What do you think about red meat ??? this is my main source of protein, I eat about 150 grams daily.
Since I have been off my diet, and my blood pressure and other symptoms have been getting worse, I have included a plate of whole wheat spaghetti and meatballs. It is soooooo good!

The meatballs are made from lean beef that I buy from a very healthy grocery called Whole Foods. Whole Foods beef comes from cattle where they did not use antibiotics or supplemental growth hormones or animal byproducts in their feed; and that were range raised for at least 2/3 of the animal's life.

I only do it once per week, but I eat too much of it. I am watching my ever increasing blood pressure readings and hope that they don't go too high. I do not want to return to my spartan diet, but I don't want my BP to get into a constant unhealthy range.

I do know this: If I cut back on my daily Popcorn, my blood pressure will go back into a very healthy range because the rest of my diet is very healthy.

Diet is most of the battle for better health.

Quote:
Something you said:
The healthier the diet and doing appropriate exercise has marvelous effects towards balancing one's metabolism and creating a healthy metabolism where medications will work correctly, and possibly without significant nasty side effects.

That's VERY INTERESTING, medication without significant side effects if the metabolism is good. Is that something you have experienced? or read about?
It's something that I experienced. Buts...... it makes sense. If a small meal, low calorie, quality, very healthy diet leads to good health and a well functioning metabolism, then the medications that attempt to modify our metabolism should work better, with fewer surprises.

Quote:
Thanks again for helping a nice person
Mike
Hey, guy. I was wondering...... I was reading that Middle East countries were having some very nasty weather with strong winds. Have you been effected by any of the bad weather?

⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Coreg!

Closed Thread