It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2010, 05:38 AM   #1
(female)

Gavi112 HB User
PVC's or something else??

I am 49 yr old female and have had ectopics for over 20 yrs sometimes very badly like eveyry 3rd beat- have had frequent 24hr holters and also an echo and always told harmless but horrible. In past few years they had improved hugely. I have always noticed that very occasionally I would get a split second flutter in my chest and my heartrate would speed up afterwards but as they only lasted literally a second and I have had them for as long as the ectopics and not very often I assumed they must be connected.

As I said my ectopics had improved greatly and I had gone months with only noticing maybe one or two a day when one day three months ago I had eaten a very big meal bought for me by a friend ( so felt obliged to eat everything) and was feeling very full and I was bent forward slightly over the table talking to her when I got the fluttery feeling in my chest- this time it didn't just last a second - I took a deep breath and coughed as this can stop my ectopics but it didn't work - the fluttery feeling lasted about 5 seconds and I then felt faint and my heart was racing and I had to rush for the loo (bowels). A week later again after I had a full stomach about 5 mins after I had finished eating and again I was bent forward slightly when the fluttering started again - once again it lasted more than a second again about 5-6 seconds and again I felt very strange afterwards with fast heartbeat and again the need to rush to the loo. This time the person I was with panicked and called an ambulance and I was taken to A&E. I had a fast heartbeat (130) but as I am very anxious person this is common when I feel at all nervous and hospital means nervous! They monitered me for 3 hrs and Dr decided that it was probably to do with my ectopics and my ecgs and monitering was all normal other than fast ( it was funny as the Dr approached me my heartrate went up!). After one of these events I have more ectopics than usual for a few days.
I had another 24hr ecg a few weeks later and had my normal ectopics but nothing worrying showed up on it.
I saw cardiologist last week and he said it was unlikely to be anything harmful and could be being triggered by my stomach but he would prefer to capture it on tape so 30th Dec I am having an even moniter for 3 weeks so that if I get it again I can hold device to chest to record it- I am sure its not going to happen though!
Last night I had eaten alot of chocolate and had one alcoholic drink ( I never drink alcohol normally) and again had just finished eating and was bending forwards slightly listening to what was being said when the fluttering cam again- coughand breath did not stop it but this time I tried to feel my pulse and all I felt was an increased heartrate but not excessive. Once again I felt strange headed and had to rusht to the loo.
The hospital Dr said that the rushing to the loo showed an adrenalin response in other words I panicked so it was hard to tell if the feeling faint was caused by the heartflutter or anxiety about the fluttery feeling.
I just wondered if anyone on here gets anything similar- there is a def connection between full stomach and my body position and this happening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread