It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
(male)

Alfie49 HB User
Slightly concerned

Hey my name is Alfie im a 49year old male, fairly active, been working in an active enviorment for my whole life. I have had high blood pressure for 2years and I take candersartan on a daily basis. In the last 6months I am functioning absolutley normal and then I will walk up the stairs for example and I get a shortness of breath (like I have just run for 10mins) the feeling of excercise fatige/exhaustion, this lasts for 2 - 3 mins untill I feel my heart/breathing settle down. This happens on a weekly basis. Can anyone shed some light on this as its starting to become a concern.

Thank you
Alfie.

Old 12-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
(male)

cvcman HB Usercvcman HB Usercvcman HB User
Re: Slightly concerned

Call your Dr tomorrow and have him make you an apt with a cardioligist. May be notheing but dont look for med advise online, GO TO A DOCTOR !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2010, 02:33 PM   #3
(male)

Alfie49 HB User

The problem is that im fine most of the time and then on odd occasion struggle slightly, am only seeking online advise to see if anyone has had a similar problem

Old 12-15-2010, 02:54 PM   #4
(male)

I gave you the best sound advise, see a cardio Dr and have a stress test. Listen im 51 yrs old and was biking about 20-30 miles a day everyday, 2 times I had a funny pain in the center of my chest, not crushing or anything but more like a mussle pull.

I went to a cardio and he wanted to do an echo stress test, I said great ill run on that thing all day, I did it with NO pain or problem.

Troubl is HE saw something, sent me that day for an angiogram, 95% blocked LAD !!!!

Your body is telling you something is NOT right again PLEASE take my advise see a cardio dr and dont blow it off...It could be a matter of life and death !

Not trying to scare you but way better to be safe than sorry..Remember I like you was FINE most of the time....Mountain climbing,running,biking,working, shoveling snow etc.....check it out and you will feel better that you did

Old 12-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

started04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB User

QUOTE: The problem is that im fine most of the time and then on odd occasion struggle slightly, am only seeking online advise to see if anyone has had a similar problem

>>>>>Alfie, no one can give you reliable advice only your doctor has your health history, concomitant issues, etc. You are experiencing the classic signs of cornary artery disease. Almost all of us with coronary artery occlusions can relate to your condition.

Last edited by started04; 12-15-2010 at 04:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 12-15-2010, 04:37 PM   #6
(male)

If you were my brother I would tell you call tomorrow a cardio dr and get a stress test, if you pass, good for you ! Dont try to convince yourself this is normal, it could cost you dearly !

Old 12-16-2010, 12:58 AM   #7
(male)

Alfie49 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by started04 View Post
QUOTE: The problem is that im fine most of the time and then on odd occasion struggle slightly, am only seeking online advise to see if anyone has had a similar problem

>>>>>Alfie, no one can give you reliable advice only your doctor has your health history, concomitant issues, etc. You are experiencing the classic signs of cornary artery disease. Almost all of us with coronary artery occlusions can relate to your condition.
Thank you to you both for replying, I will go to my doctor I was just making sure that it wasnt something silly before going. So infrequent shortness of breath and fatigue feeling are symptoms of coronary artery disease?

Old 12-16-2010, 05:25 AM   #8
(male)

Yes it can be a symptom... It may not be too only ONE way to know, request an echo stress test or angiogram and from a cardio dr NOT just your GP, my gp told me my pain was a muscle pull, 95% blocked LAD !!!!!!!

Old 12-16-2010, 01:47 PM   #9
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User

Alfie49 ... I'm with the other guys, please see a Dr asap, your symptoms appear to be cardiac related.

Good luck

Old 12-16-2010, 03:18 PM   #10
(male)

Alfie49 HB User

Thank you all very much for your quick responses, I will be heading to my doctor in the next couple of days, to keep my mind at rest if it does turn out to be Conary Atery Disease is this easily treated?

Thank you

Old 12-16-2010, 04:07 PM   #11
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User

Alfie49,
It depends on the severity of the narrowings/blockages and where the narrowings/blockages are located.

It can be treated by medication, inserting stents or bypass surgery.

In my case I had 90% blockage in LCA 90% in LAD (the widowmaker) and 70% in RCA .. stents were not an option for me due to the location of the blockages, I had a triple bypass.

Last edited by Vyking; 12-16-2010 at 04:09 PM.

Closed Thread