It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2010, 01:30 AM   #1
(male)

senor pedro HB User
racing heart after climbing stairs - possible solution

This is a follow-up to the closed post "racing heart after standing, climbing stairs".

Yesterday I had a very bad incident of racing heart and deep painful heart pangs after climbing one set of stairs (12 steps). It lasted for about 2 minutes. Usually these incidents last for 10-20 seconds, then go away. I took a baby aspirin and rested for 20 minutes. My heart beats returned to normal and the pangs ended, so I searched for possible causes on the internet. While reading various websites (including this one) a headache started to occur. Most of the headaches I have are usually due to high blood pressure. I measured my blood pressure - it was very high (230/130)! The highest reading I ever had!

So the cause of the racing heart incidents may be due to high blood pressure. The racing heart and painful heart pangs occur only when I climb stairs - no other activity.

The following user gives a hug of support to senor pedro:
Cmbr (03-05-2011)
Old 12-17-2010, 05:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: racing heart after climbing stairs - possible solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by senor pedro View Post
... I measured my blood pressure - it was very high (230/130)! The highest reading I ever had!
Wow! Like you said, that is very high!

My brother had readings like that a few weeks before he suffered a massive stroke.

Quote:
So the cause of the racing heart incidents may be due to high blood pressure.
But..... what is causing the high blood pressure? Clogged arteries? Poor diet? Exposure to chemicals, pollution, stimulants, etc.?

Quote:
The racing heart and painful heart pangs occur only when I climb stairs - no other activity.
So.... sounds like your heart is having problems when under stress. Have you had any stress tests on your heart? Have you had any medical tests on your circulatory system? Do you have a history of health or heart problems?

Your fellow patients on HealthBoards can tell you of their personal experiences and provide you with some input but there is no substitute for medical tests under the supervision of medical professionals.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 12-17-2010 at 05:32 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread