It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
(male)

usmcsdi HB User
PVC's/Palpatations

First let me say that I've been happy, for lack of a better word, to read some posts from people who have had the same *symptoms* that I have had regarding my heart.

I was diagnosed in 1989 with mitra valve prolapse. As a young Marine at the time it scared the hell out of me. The anxiety made me have even MORE palpatations. At the time I was running 12 miles a day, 6 days a week and I was assured that to do that there was NOTHING life threatening going on with my heart.

My father died in his sleep in June and the last 6 months I've had more flutters, palpatations, PVC's or whatever the hell you call them than I've had my whole life!!! I also was very out of shape and not eating right. My fathers death scared me straight and at 42 I started working out again... slowly and safely but still I've been dealing with these NASTY flutters/palpatations. I went to the VA clinic and they did an EKG. Fine. They then did a stress test and the Dr. thought there were a few *inconsistencies* with the reading so he ordered a nuclear stress test. By the time it was time for the nuke test my flutters have all but stopped so I did NOT go for the test. Well.... after 2 1/2 months of very little flutters they started again in early Nov. In two days I had more palpatations & flutters than I've had my whole life!!! I went into the clinic and they lined me up for a ecocardiogram/halter monitor & nuclear stress test. I've done the 1st two and have my nuke test on Jan 5th. I am nervous about that.

I do enjoy my beers and I am wondering if they are triggering these cardiac events????

Just yesterday... while running my heart started to beat irregularly.... and I got panicked and almost ran into some ladies garage to tell her to call 9-11. But I didn't. I was a little dizzy/confused but after about 2 minutes was almost back to normal and walked the rest of the way home. I jumped on the treadmill and ran for 40 minutes and did a 5 mile bike ride after that. I did have a few flutters but NOTHING like the one that stopped my run. That scared the hell out of me.

I am also wondering how much my anxiety has played into this. I have had panic attacks in the past and now the anxiety of having a heart problem has been a HUGE problem for me. I was given a beta blocker to take but have not started it until this morning I took 1/2 a 25 mg tab. I've still had some palpatations even with the beta blocker.... so I am wondering what the hell is going on.

Thanks for listening and I appreciate ANY and ALL feedback.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2010, 01:48 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: PVC's/Palpatations

Hi there! beer is a I watched a film around 33 years ago that showed pictures of the blood sludging and slowing down the more alcohol that was taken in. Lifting weights is also not recommended by health professionals especially for those with a valve problem. Valves are not heavy muscular tissue. I would find ways to look for the happiness of others so it will help forget some of the things are bothersome. If I am ever going to pass away I want to be doing something good and decent for others!

Old 12-19-2010, 02:01 PM   #3
(male)

usmcsdi HB User

Yeah.... It's a vice I have. I will have to curb it and see how that goes with these palpatations slowing down.... or going away.

Thanks for the response~

Old 12-19-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi you are welcome! Have a nice life!

Old 12-20-2010, 08:01 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcsdi View Post
Just yesterday... while running my heart started to beat irregularly.... and I got panicked and almost ran into some ladies garage to tell her to call 9-11. But I didn't. I was a little dizzy/confused but after about 2 minutes was almost back to normal and walked the rest of the way home.
Outdoor allergens, pollens and pollution can cause heart rhythm problems, such as PVCs, PACs and Tachycardia; and also higher blood pressure, IMHO.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

The Following User Says Thank You to Machaon For This Useful Post:
usmcsdi (12-20-2010)
Closed Thread