It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2010, 07:47 PM   #1
(male)

cbuck99 HB User
18 and have pvc's and heart palpitations - very worried!

hey guys im 18 and have pvc's and heart palpitations. i had a ekg ultrasound and holter monitor everything came back normal doc said just stress but now after a hard workout or when i sweat i get frequent palpitations freak out start breathing like a mad man afraid im going to faint and feels like it so i gotta lay down. Im 18 and this is happening! i play linebacker in football i lift everyday eat like a horse and it scares the hell outta me because i no i worry about getting cancer or tumor or dieing to much and just always constantly think about having a hard time breathing it just gets old because im like a hypochondriac and i can stop thinking about it cuz its always in the back of my head u no?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2010, 01:56 AM   #2
(female)

emjay9512 HB User
Re: 18 and have pvc's and heart palpitations - very worried!

Hey there,

I was born with a heart condition and I've had palpitations my whole life so they are normal to me. I also suffer from anxiety so hopefully I can help you out or something. To me, it sounds like you're having an anxiety attack. Its like you get a few palpitations and that freaks you out so you start sweating more and then you get short of breath and it escalates from there, almost like it's a psychological thing.

I know firsthand that anxiety can have a huge impact on palpitations. If I'm calm, I don't have palpitations. But as soon as I start thinking something is wrong with my health, I freak out and have an anxiety attack where I have some trouble breathing, I get dizzy, and I get palpitations. Stress also has a huge impact on anxiety attacks. When its exam time for me, I get anxiety attacks all the time. But in the summer, I barely do.

If they didn't find anything wrong in your EKG or ECHO then it probably is a psychological issue, where you're freaking yourself out. I do it all the time, so I know how it is. If you think that you're a hypochondriac and its affecting your life, then I'd try to seek some help from a mental health professional. They could possibly help you with your anxiety and fear about dying. You're too young to be worrying about those kinds of things to the point where it stresses you out like that.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #3
(male)

sico HB User
Re: 18 and have pvc's and heart palpitations - very worried!

Palps or Panic Attack?
My palps and tachy heart brought on a panic attack. I have had them for many years. Since I found that palps and a racing heart is not life threatening for me, I stopped having panic attacks.
What I mean by panic attack is you hyper ventilate and clench your fists and you think you are going to die. This is a snowball effect. Your blood gets too much oxygen when you hyper ventilate and makes you dizzy.
I now know that I am not going to die when I get palps or tachycardia so I don't get a panic attack anymore.
I was told that the palps are caused by an infrequent rogue pulse that makes your heart beat in between the normal pulse.
Tachycardia in my case is when this rogue pulse is frequent. ie it doubles your normal pulse rate. My normal rate is 65bpm and when I get this tachy disturbance it goes to 130bpm and can last from 2 hrs to 8 hrs.
My feet go cold and I get a very strange feeling but I now am used to it so I carry on working and it eventually goes away.
As I am typing this, I can feel the burps and bumps in my chest but as it is irritating, I am not concerned.

Closed Thread