It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2011, 05:52 AM   #1
(female)

DeannaLee HB User
Newly learning of Heart Attack...

I went in the ER and had a 23 hours hospital stay on Nov. 30th. Dec. 7th I had a stress test done & just learned that I have had a heart attack in the last 3-4 years. It's traumatizing to me to learn this and I'm not sure how or what to think about it. I've yet to be seen via my Dr to learn this news from her and was rescheduled for an appointment with her until Jan. 19th. I went in yesterday to see if I could get in BEFORE then ...she canceled me yesterday for today's appointment and I talked to another Dr's nurse about what the results of the stress test showed. She isn't a heart nurse and had NO clue what she was talking about other than reading me the result sheet. It did state
that I have had a heart attack...and the test showed heart damage (anterior wall) with some Hypokinesis (sp?) ......I'm going to call the Cardiologist today that I seen after I had my daughter in 2007 & see if he'll see me and discuss the results of my new stress test and see if there is something further he feels needs to be done NOW as I'm just living scared, right now.

Just looking for comfort and support and thanks for reading this.....

Old 01-07-2011, 08:38 AM   #2
(male)

jeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB User
Re: Newly learning of Heart Attack...

Deanna,

Relax, if you have lived 3 to 4 years after the HA without doing nothing, 1 or 2 more months will not make a big difference. And if have been all this time without symptoms, most probably will not be a big damage.

What you should expect is a cardiac echo to asses the existing damage to the hearth and probably an angiography to evaluate and correct any possible blockage in your coronaries arteries.

Then a regime of healthy eating, exercise and some medication and, hopefully, a joyful life with your family.

Jesus

The following user gives a hug of support to jeda:
DeannaLee (01-07-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #3
(female)

DeannaLee HB User
Re: Newly learning of Heart Attack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrueda View Post
Deanna,

Relax, if you have lived 3 to 4 years after the HA without doing nothing, 1 or 2 more months will not make a big difference. And if have been all this time without symptoms, most probably will not be a big damage.

What you should expect is a cardiac echo to asses the existing damage to the hearth and probably an angiography to evaluate and correct any possible blockage in your coronaries arteries.

Then a regime of healthy eating, exercise and some medication and, hopefully, a joyful life with your family.

Jesus
Thanks for the reply

I am trying to remain relaxed but the thought of it happening and my not knowing it is a bit bothersome and I'm VERY thankful for being here still. Totally know my guardian angel (my younger sis) is watching over me, here and the Big Guy

I hope to have an echo done and HOPING very much for an Angiogram to be done...I'd like a long happy life of watching my wee one grow up

I've been watching my carbs, for the most part as I'm a total carbaholic & I've taken about 12 pounds off....after seeing the cardiologist and such, I'll add in some exercise regimen that is comfy for me and healthy...so VERY important to me to get healthier *S*

Appreciate your taking time to reply....

Closed Thread