It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #1
(female)

medouza HB User
recurring chest pain

hi I am 35/f slightly overweight and a smoker , from around 20 days i have been experiencing high blood pressure with no significant reason as i am not working now (i mean no stress) -forget to say that i am hypertensive from around fifteen years but i take no medications as BP is very unstable sometimes high and sometimes normal or even low and there is apparently no significant reason -anyway from around a week i started feeling tightness at chest and avery uncomfortable pain in chest on very mild exertion, tachychardia and cough it cant be heart attack as i can tolerate the pain and its not constant or proceeding .. something else .last month i had this pain but was more intense as i had the episode while i was in the super market that all of a sudden i had sharp chest pain and was unable to stand on my feet i didn't pass out or even fall but i think that would have happened if it lasted a bit longer.i have borderline high total chlosterol and high ldl and famlial history heart disease but not as young as my age . i cant tell exactly what's wrong ...could anyone tell me what could be wrong with me??? do i need to see a cardiologist...thank u

Old 01-07-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: recurring chest pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by medouza View Post
it cant be heart attack as i can tolerate the pain and its not constant or proceeding
Did you know that people have heart attacks without experiencing any pain?

Do yourself a favour and get it checked out by a doctor - it is better to be safe than sorry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2011, 02:40 AM   #3
(female)

medouza HB User

Thank you so much for your reply , but i have a question how could i know if it was a heart attack or only a hypertension crisis .... and another question if it was a heart attack as far as i know it is fatal, but i am fine now - lesser syptoms at least- could someone survive after heart attack without knowing that he had one.... I am sorry for asking too much but I am a bit confused... thank you again

Last edited by medouza; 01-08-2011 at 02:41 AM.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
(male)

jeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB User

Hi,

Hypertension will not give you a sharp pain, if it is a hearth attack, and anxiety attack or an indigestion or something else, you only will know with proper medical check ups (ECG, blood test and so on).

And not all hard attacks are lethal ... they may just damage your heart and not kill you ... but others will.

Stop questioning and look for a cardiologist ... yes at your age you can have it!!!

Jesus

The Following User Says Thank You to jeda For This Useful Post:
medouza (01-08-2011)
Closed Thread