It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
(female)

sileray HB User
Unhappy Ischemia

i had ischemia during pregnancy... with multiple very symptomatic pvcs, supra ventricular tachycardia, and a onset of virtigo that has yet to be relieved afer 1 year in a half... now i cant tolerate excersie...and alo my randomly sometimes after standing my heart rate slows all the way down and i have to lie down and my heart with pound strong hard and slow and i would get shortness of breath and pain. (dehydration is ruled out..) my blood pressure does run about 100 or 110 but still why is it just dropping and i wanted to know if the ischemia i was diagnosed during pregnancy could cause long term affects on my heart ?
thanks everybody ,

blessings

Last edited by sileray; 01-09-2011 at 03:17 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to sileray:
sjb (01-09-2011)
Old 01-09-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
(female)

CindyB67 HB User
Re: Ischemia

I honestly have no experience with ischema, but wanted to pop in and say that your symptoms are sounding very similar to my cardiac symptoms so it definitely is worth getting checked out. You have a beautiful baby depending on you and you want to be around to raise he/her.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
(female)

sileray HB User

thank you... did you get a diagnoses? and yea i am getting checked its just the doctors limit what they do as far as testing because im 21...

Yarelis ^_^

“One should not stand at the foot of a sick person's bed, because that place is reserved for the guardian angel”
--- Jewish Proverb

Old 01-10-2011, 09:45 AM   #4
(male)

jeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB User

"with multiple very symptomatic pvcs, supra ventricular tachycardia, and a onset of virtigo"

Sileray,

To my knowledge (I had suffered ischemia for 3 years until it ended up with a massive in a MI) those are not symptoms of ischemia. Ischemia produces pain in different parts (angina), tiredness, short of breath..

So since you have pvcs and tachycardia, you should check with a cardiologist but let him made the diagnose (do not tell him up front that you think you had ischemia).

Jesus

Old 01-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
(female)

CindyB67 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sileray View Post
thank you... did you get a diagnoses? and yea i am getting checked its just the doctors limit what they do as far as testing because im 21...
Yes I have been diagnosed with congestive heart failure, coronary heart disease, and Tachycardia which means my heart beats too fast.

Don't let your young age fool you, I am only 43, 42 when it started, but when I have been in cardiac rehab there have been several young folks in their twenty's there too...so heart issues are not just or the elderly even though society has been given that idea.

My drs. and nurses have all said I would have neve known or guessed but yet here I am...I have also been told by my cardio that they take into account your test results, but they weigh more heavily on your symptoms and how you are feeling because tests can miss things sometimes...so if you are really having issues make sure they know it. Hope you get it figured out soon!

Old 01-10-2011, 03:50 PM   #6
(female)

sileray HB User

@ Jr

thank you so much for your reply... and i do have chest pain and shortness of breath i didnt go into detail my main focuse was i just wanted to know if it could cause long term effects on my heart... i was diagnosed by a doctor during my pregnancy ... after 2 months of those palpitations, pvs, and tachycardia.. my ekg began to show ST deressions and inverted T-waves in V1 and V3 and in result they told me that it was ischemia and that i was receieving adequet blood flow to those parts of my heart...and i know i would never tell a doctor i have anything i was told i had it..my doctor actually recieved those records from boston mass today and some other bad news. my liver enzymes were elevated -_- bummer . so i have to go for more blood test hopefully it isnt the worse. But thank you for the feedback and wish you the best of luck

Yarelis ^_^

“One should not stand at the foot of a sick person's bed, because that place is reserved for the guardian angel”
--- Jewish Proverb

Last edited by sileray; 01-10-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:02 PM   #7
(female)

sileray HB User

@ CINDY

omg god bless hope you are feeling better... yes i know i kept on and kept on because no one knows your body but yourself and FINALLY i got the best pcp in the world and she is right on track. because of my symptoms and complaints and heart palpitations in correlation to my lack of energy and tolerance to excersice with pain on the onset of stress and exsertion she strongly believes that i had a undeteced arrythmia besides the premature beats im getting. i am so symptomatic that i can branch each and every abnormality my heart does and ive been right each and everytime. i dont want to have anything bad to my heart...but right bout now im sick of being like this and want a answer. they basically need to catch the arrythmia in the act and also find out my my liver enzymes our elevated. besides that the virtigo will have to be determined by a otoneurologist.

wow im surprised at what you said about the young ones in cardiac rehab... everytime im admitted to a hospital or go to a cardio appt i always see older people never anyone my age and im always like am i the only one .. lol .. now i know im not so thanx... wish you the best of luck from the bottom of my heart. i know how hard it is to hear that something is wrong with your most important organ ... i never thought id be even having to get checked for things like this at my age. bummer ... but everything bad happens to the strongest... so pat on the back for us. ^_^

Yarelis ^_^

--- Jewish Proverb

Last edited by sileray; 01-10-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Closed Thread