It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #1
(female)

skay210 HB User
Occasional Chest Pain

Hi all,

I guess I'd just like some opinions on what I have been experiencing lately, because it's freaking me out.

Some background: I'm 22 years old, maybe a little overweight, and trying to quit smoking -- on a typical day I used to smoke about 10 cigarettes, but have cut down quite a bit and now go some days without having any. I eat I guess...normally. Not particularly healthy, not particularly bad, just a good mix of lots of types of food. I go to the gym and do casually running as often as possible, which lately hasn't been enough. My job is VERY stressful and involves working long hours and constantly feeling frustrated/challenged. I def. do not get enough sleep.

Anyway...lately I have been extremely nauseous every morning (I'm not pregnant). I never get sick to my stomach, but I just feel very bad. It usually wears off as the day goes on and my appetite hasn't really been hindered.

The thing that really scares me is, every once in awhile, I get chest pains. Not excruciating, but enough pain that I notice it. It happens usually several times a day. The pain switches sides/locations, sometimes on my left and sometimes on my right...and sometimes it is above my breast closer to the center of my body, and sometimes it's underneath my breast closer to my ribs. The pains sometimes are quick -- 60 seconds. Sometimes they last for longer periods of time, 5-10 minutes. Also every once in awhile, my heart will "stutter"...like skip a beat or so, and this causes me to have to take a deep breath. Otherwise, breathing seems fine. My heart rate seems fine for the most part too, except when I get these chest pains, then I can really feel my heart beating quite fast and hard. I have not felt weak or like I'm going to faint, just the chest pain.

Do you think this is all just due to stress/anxiety? I know how stressed I am from work, but I have been stressed before and never experienced anything like this. I'm really scared something is seriously wrong...but am afraid to go to the doctor because what if I seem foolish if nothing is actually wrong? Also, the expense of going to the doctor would not be worth it if this is all just in my head...

Last edited by skay210; 01-09-2011 at 03:09 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2011, 06:15 AM   #2
(female)

skay210 HB User
Re: Occasional Chest Pain

Anyone?? I'd love some help :-(

Old 01-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
(male)

thisguy87 HB User
Re: Occasional Chest Pain

I sometimes have light chest pain, and believe I also have skipped beats once in a while. My doctor just told me I have a heart murmur, and I am awaiting results from a ECG. I am not saying you have the same thing, but you should go to your doctor and get checked out. Most of the time this is not a big cause for worry, so don't get stressed about this.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #4
(female)

SlowPulse HB User
Cool Re: Occasional Chest Pain

Hi there, first don't panic but definitely make an appt with your doctor...my friend had similar pain center of chest, slightly right, left, sometimes ribs...once towards the back and chest at the same time. He thought he was having a heart attack...it turned out he was having problems with his gall bladder of all things! Have your dr. do an EKG to rule out heart problems, then move on to an ultrasound of the gall bladder. Hope this helps... let us know...good luck.

Closed Thread