It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
(female)

SlowPulse HB User
Slow Pulse, Hypothyroid... Ekg ok...(?)

Hi everyone! I had chest pain recently & went to my dr. They said my bp was good 120/70, temp was 99.5 (I am usually 98 degrees just under the 98.6 normal range). I have a hypothyroid and sometimes have a dizzy spell. My pulse was 47 beats and they checked it twice (once with the pulse-ox on the finger). I am usually 60-65 beats per minute. I do not exercise...it has been years since I have exercised. I am 12 lbs overweight. The technician that did the EKG, did it twice, went out to show it to the doctor (I thought there was something wrong). The dr. came in and said He was not worried about my pulse being low because I am hypothyroid and that my EKG was normal. The dr. sent me for bloodwork (HDL/LDL, and a complete blood count, thyroid levels) which is not back yet but I am wondering if I should be worried about having bradycardia even if the EKG was normal? I like to enjoy my life and not worry so any experience you have had would be great, I know this is not a medical advice forum. Did you go to a different doctor? I don't want to become a hypochondriac, I am already a hypothyroid!

Last edited by SlowPulse; 01-14-2011 at 01:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread