It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #1
(female)

Lsybil227 HB User
Recuperating after angiogram & stent-how long to get back to normal?

I had the angiogram a week ago with one stent placed. I am a 61 year old female and had 90% blockage in One artery. I still feel extremely fatigued and can only do a little in the house before I have to rest. My legs are also very heavy and stiff, making walking more of an effort. I know everyone is different but if you've had this procedure how long until you get back to yourself like able to return to work and then exercise? Right now I am too tired to do more then eat, shower and read. I will be seeing the dr. This coming Wednesday. Thanks for any advice/feedback. Lauren

Old 01-15-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
(male)

cvcman HB Usercvcman HB Usercvcman HB User
Re: Recuperating after angiogram & stent-how long to get back to normal?

I had one in my LAD October 8th this year and they told me the next day to go home and resume normal activity and workout . I started walking the next day and biking about 5 days later

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #3
(female)

Lsybil227 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvcman View Post
I had one in my LAD October 8th this year and they told me the next day to go home and resume normal activity and workout . I started walking the next day and biking about 5 days later
Thanks for your feedback. You really bounced back quickly. You must be in great shape with all that biking. I did walk a little today and felt somewhat better but still very tired. I will see how the next few days go. Good to hear you did so well.

Old 01-15-2011, 05:25 PM   #4
(male)

I thought i was before the stent too...Today I had some discomfort not sure if its acid reflux or my heart. I called the Dr he said bike tomorrow and if pain go to the er, if no pain biking must be something else

Old 01-16-2011, 02:19 AM   #5
(male)

Cremer HB User

I've had one angiogram, and two retrograde angiograms with three stents. Each time it took me a good 7 days to start feeling better and able to walk as normal.

Did they go through the groin or wrist?

Old 01-16-2011, 03:50 AM   #6
(male)

jeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB User

Lisby,

The tiredness has little to do with the angiogram but with the state of your heart and with the medication that you are taking.

Do you have any idea how your heart is? EF? other possible partial blockades?

Just an example, mine is in bad shape and I cannot aford the shower that you mention, it let me quite exhausted.

Jesus

Old 01-16-2011, 05:21 AM   #7
(male)

Mine was thru the wrist

Old 01-16-2011, 07:34 AM   #8
(male)

Cremer HB User

First one of mine was both groins
Second one also both groins
Third one one groin and one wrist

Old 01-16-2011, 10:52 AM   #9
(female)

Lsybil227 HB User
Smile Re: Recuperating after angiogram & stent-how long to get back to normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cremer View Post
I've had one angiogram, and two retrograde angiograms with three stents. Each time it took me a good 7 days to start feeling better and able to walk as normal.

Did they go through the groin or wrist?
I had it through my wrist. My legs felt less heavy and stiff today since I walked a bit yesterday. (not a fitness walk, just to a park bench to sit) but today I'm very fatigued. I guess there is a different recovery rate depending on age, fitness level or state of the heart. Thank you to all for your replies. The dr. was very vague about this so I didn't know if my slow recovery was in the normal range. I had a glimmer of feeling more like myself this morning which felt good.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #10
(female)

caroline adams HB User

I had a subaracnoid hemmorage that had me in ICU for 20 days. During my stay I had 4 angiograms and MRI's. Two weeks after getting home I had to return for one last angiogram. After this last one I started having pain in my butt area. I have had it for 6 months now and have to live on pain meds. I have had steroid shots, and then went in for a caudall epidural, which were more steroids. Nothing has helped. I just want to know what is wrong. I have shunts in my head.Anyone else have these problems?

Last edited by caroline adams; 02-17-2011 at 06:52 PM.

Closed Thread