It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2011, 04:17 AM   #1
(female)

patsy10 HB User
Reversable Ischaemia

Hi Guys
New to all this stuff but I have a question.
Last May I was told that i might have Angina breathless pain in chest all the symptoms,
with waiting lists in scotland UK, and beeing so Ill i had to go off sick anyway cut a long story short My Doctor recommmended after other tests a Myocardial perfusion scan the result was I quote.
some reversable ischaemia in the antero-apical wall with a further fixed defect in the inferior wall. described as a intermediate risk study.
My Question Is this bad

Old 01-30-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: Reversable Ischaemia

Reversable Ischaemia means that there is a reduced supply of blood to a given area of heart, so that part of the heart is underfed oxygen.

You will need an angiogram to determine where the blockages are and if stents can be used to improve the situation.

If the picture looks too difficult for stenting then bypass surgery will be the preferred option.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2011, 12:15 PM   #3
(male)

jeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB User

Patsy,
I am not a doctor, but I think that How bad it will depends on your present symptoms and the ejection fraction that you have and the size of the area that is in "reversible ischemia" and the size of the area with "fix defect". Those parameters should appear in your report of the Myocardial scan.

If you are still with angina, I am afraid that your next step will be an angiography with possible stent.

Jesus

Old 01-31-2011, 12:37 AM   #4
(female)

patsy10 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrueda View Post
Patsy,
I am not a doctor, but I think that How bad it will depends on your present symptoms and the ejection fraction that you have and the size of the area that is in "reversible ischemia" and the size of the area with "fix defect". Those parameters should appear in your report of the Myocardial scan.

If you are still with angina, I am afraid that your next step will be an angiography with possible stent.

Jesus

Old 01-31-2011, 12:46 AM   #5
(female)

patsy10 HB User

Hi Jrueda
Thanks for the reply,
The strange but awsome thing is I did have an angiogram on Friday and after waiting 3 hours I was in surgery for 15 to 20 minutes (usually takes 30 to 40)My consultant then informed me That I have wonderful smooth arteries there is nothing wrong with my heart.
I was sent home after the 3 hour monotoring with a note for my doctor no meds needed I had been on 10mg of Amlodapine. since last May plus gtn spray.
I feel fine.
Praise the Lord Jesus.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:54 AM   #6
(female)

patsy10 HB User

Hi
I just needed to check things out with some one.
I went for angio gram on friday and my heart is fine, Consultant after 15 minutes told me that there was nothing wrong with my heart.
I had been off work and on meds since May last year showing all the signs of angina and also having attacks upto a week before my angio.
Praise the Lord.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:09 AM   #7
(male)

jeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB User

Patsy,
I may be wrong, but I think that, If there is isquemia, in particular if there is death tissue (remember the abnormal part detected in the perfusion scan), there is a problem with the energy that your myocardium gets.
After this short angiography, did the dr any indication of what is the abnormal part detected in the perfusion scan??

Now to my knowledge, potential cause of isquemia are:

1) Lack of oxygen due to:
a) Block in your arteries (apparently ruled out)
b) Spasms in your arteries, having you angina, I think that he should have tested this in the angiography. To do it they inject a product that, if you are sensible to it,it will induce the spasm. Spasms produces angina without exertion.
c) Myocardial bridge: The muscle has grown over the artery and in every heart pulse it close the blood flow. But this also should have been seen in the angiography.
d) Blockade of small myocardial vessels.
e) Strong anemia

2) Lack of ATP. ATP is the real energy that the muscle cell needs. It is generated as part of the myocardial metabolism. To be generated a number of nutrients are necessary, but, under certain diseases, some of those are not properly produced. I am not an expert but Carnitine, Taurine and D-ribose seems to be part of the equation.

If I were you, I will ask for a copy of the angiography (they can give to you in CD) and ask a second opinion.

Or anyway, your cardiologist should be able to tell you why you have the angina and how to treat them.

Good lack.

Jesus

Jesus

Closed Thread