It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
(female)

RememberToLive HB User
Years of vague worry

Hello everybody. I was wondering if any of you have heard of this, as search engines have shown few results.

Some background - I am a generally healthy 18 year old. I am physically active, and probably about 10lbs overweight; I have been my whole life. I'm workin on it. Anyway, I take 40mg of Adderall IR a day as well as a birth control pill for severe cramps. (I'm still on the fence about the safety of adderall- I might be dropping it at the end of this school year.)

On to my question...
For the last two days every time I inhale fully it feels as if my "lungs are pushing on my heart" and my heart flutters until I exhale. I wasn't even paying attention the first time this happened- scared the crap out of me. Some background - I get frequent palpitations, I have my whole life, as does my mother. They are rarely more than just a small palpitation. I currently have some blood work out testing my thyroid, for lupus, and a couple other things from other symptoms that have been concerning to me. I will see those results at the end of the week. I was just wondering if anyone heard of this inhaling-heart thing.
I also get bad pain on the inside of both ankles/calves when I run - It very well could be from my increased exercise regimen, but since it's bilateral could it be a sign of a heart thing?

I plan on going to my doctor about it, but I am too curious a person to wait and I wanted to hear others' opinions.

Thanks for reading and/or replying!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread