It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
(female)

mbbasketball HB User
microvascular diease(syndrome X)

Does anyone have any information or experiences living with Microvascular disease. It used to be called syndrome x.
Background, avid runner, not over weight, in great cardio condition, but after running will get angina pain, blood pressure will run really high. My norm is usually 106/65 but when i get the angina it has gone as high as 190/110. Can't take most meds for angina because I do usually run a very low pressure. I have nito when my angina get bad. Crossing my fingers have not had to use it yet.
I have read if you have this disease you could have a stroke or heart attack. Cardio said no.
Had a cath, and all large arteries were cleared. There are not too many doctors who understands this condition.
First I was told it was anxiety and stress raising kids. I maxed all stress test, like no duh, I am a runner. It was a very special test that detected the microvascular disease. It only tooks 6 months for the doctors to stop thinking that i was crazy.
Anyway, are there anyone else with this condition?

Old 02-08-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
(male)

jeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB User
Re: microvascular diease(syndrome X)

MB,

Just curiosity, do you know what was the test that they did to diagnose the micro vascular disease?

You said that you had angina after running, are you sure that you are not over doing it? Every body will get angina beyond a certain limit... the point is was is your HR when you get the angina and what your age is? I am sure you know the formula Max HR = 220-age, If you are training hard, I thing you can reach the 95% of that... Beyond it, you can expect the angina.

Assuming that you have the micro vascular disease, have you tried the new anti angina drugs that work reducing the cardiac metabolism instead of dilating the arteries, I think they should not drop the BP?.

Also there are laser interventions to solve the problem by making small perforations in your myocardium, so blood can reach it directly from the ventricles, without need of the vascular system.

Jesus

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2011, 07:23 PM   #3
(female)

mbbasketball HB User

The test I think was a MET combo test. It test oxygen level with cardio reaction. I had no breathing problem, but my heart was stopping according to the doctor. The doctors thought I had a major blockage so I had a cath done, no blockage.
I get discomfort for a short period of time while running, but the angina comes well after my runs.
I was put on Ranaxa(sp?) but I could not handle the drug and I was still getting the angina sometimes lasting hours. So no we are trying nitro.
Never heard of the procedure you are talking about. Can you give me anymore information so I can talk to my cardio about it?
As to my age, I am 51. I usually kept my HR max to 157. Now I am told to keep it below 130. That is like a slow crawl for me and I don't feel like I am getting a good workout.

thanks

Old 02-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #4
(male)

jeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB Userjeda HB User

The technique it is called "Transmyocardial Revascularization" you can Google it.

Yes Ranexa was the new medication that I mention it.

Jesus

Old 02-10-2011, 02:31 AM   #5
(female)

mbbasketball HB User

Thanks Jesus, I will talk to my cardiologist at my next appointment.

Closed Thread