It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
(male)

ttwarrior1 HB Userttwarrior1 HB User
Heart question, regarding my mom

My mom was having real bad heart pain and she drove herself to the hospital. I had to stay here because i have other sick reltives to take care of.

She just called me and told me they are going to drive her to the hospital 30 min away so she can take a stress test tommorrow.

Is it normal for them to drive someone via ambulance to a hospital 30 min away or is that because they don't want her driving?

Seems like i could of drove her or a family member. They are not going to drive there speeding and with all the lights and everything going are they?

She seemed fine on the phone but just having real bad pains.

I don't even know what a stress test is. Even so i don't think that is the best way to test if she needs anything for her heart.

I told her to take cayenne, a aspirin and celery seed but i doubt she will, she never listens to me.

update as im tying this. Her friend just called me and said she is in less pain . They gave her some drug to make her loopy whatever that means.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Heart question, regarding my mom

Hi I have heard of cayenne before for that. Aspirin can damage the stomach although it has been touted as a blood thinner. Celery seed is listed on the net for the heart.

When a person has something that they don't think is immediately life threatening they usually treat them or send them home with instructions to see the doctor with an appointment. If there is something they worry that might happen on the way such as a heart attack they send them by ambulance to have trained people who can do cardio-pulmonary resuscitation on the way with proper equipment, meds etc. that an ordinary person would not have available to them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread