It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
(female)

DetroitGyrl2005 HB User
Unhappy Newly Diagnosed Tachycardia Bradycardia Syndrome

Hello All! Wow! Where do I start....This may be a bit long so please bare with me. I went to a cardiologist back in August, and he suggested that I have a Stress Test, Echocardiogram and some other test, because I was SOB and had heart palpatations. My Stress test came back abnormal so I had to have a Cardiac Catheterization but my results came back normal. I was still SOB and having heart palpatations so he put me on a 24 hours heart monitor. When those results came back he said he couldnt understand why my heart would race 150 plus beats per minute and drop to 40. So I had to wear a hear monitor for a Month. During that month I had the stomach flu and I lost all my fluids through diarrhea (TMI Right?) My heart raced I went through the sweats and I fainted...This happened 2wice during the time I had the stomach flu. After I was over it I caught a cold... (SMH) and once again my heartrate jumped up and I passed out. Right now my blood pressure is 98 over 57, and my pulse is 54 bpm. After I went back to the doctor he said that he reviewed all of my information from my heart monitor and he said that I have Tachycardia Bradycardia Syndrome . He said that he has to refer me to another doctor because I have more like and electrical problem and he is more like a plumber. He also said that I will have to have a Cardiac Ablation and a pacemaker...Anyone here have a pacemaker? Whats it like? I am only 29 years old..I never thought I would have to have this done. I also have Lupus and its long list of tag along things. I feel like I am getting worse. The problem is my appointment to see this other doctor isnt until APRIL 12TH!!! What the heck and I suppose to do until then? Suffer? I have children I have to raise and it hurts that I can't even participate in many activities! Please Help! Lost, Confused and Depressed...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2011, 05:57 AM   #2
(female)

Kaycee41 HB User
Re: Newly Diagnosed Tachycardia Bradycardia Syndrome

Hi, I read your message and saw that no one wrote back. I can't give you any advice because I am new to heart problems just like you. I have not been diagnosed, I'm waiting for some test results. I can relate to your feelings of confusion and depression. The hardest emotion to deal with is fear! It's hard to tell sometimes what is a symptom of the heart problems and what is anxiety and fear...sometime they feel the same.... like tightness in the chest. Like you, I worry about what will happen to my family if something happens to me. I don't have small children but I have a very ill parent and I am the only one who is available to take care of him. I've always hear that excercise is the best was to lower stress but when you suspect a heart problem, you're afraid to go out and excercise. I hope everything turns out alright for you! Please write back and let us know what you find out!

The following user gives a hug of support to Kaycee41:
DetroitGyrl2005 (02-20-2011)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaycee41 For This Useful Post:
DetroitGyrl2005 (02-20-2011), mytrose43 (02-22-2011)
Old 02-20-2011, 07:23 PM   #3
(female)

DetroitGyrl2005 HB User

Hi Kaycee41..Thank you for replying. I am definitely afraid to go to the gym and do my normal routine. I am afraid to drive at times because I could Pass out at any time. The appointment is too far away for my liking. I don't know what to do. I go see my Primary Doctor on Wednesday....Maybe she could give me some insight on what could be done. I find myself doing alot of sleeping though. I guess its because my blood pressure be low at times and I do not have the energy to do anything. I have noticed that my appetite is GONE! I have to make myself eat and thats not easy. When I do eat its very little. I do not know what to do. People keep telling me that I am losing weight, I guess so if I can't eat. Not to mention, I do look after my Grandmother she is in her 70's, along with my children. I can't go on feeling like this..I have alot on my plate.

The following user gives a hug of support to DetroitGyrl2005:
mytrose43 (02-21-2011)
Old 02-21-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
(female)

mytrose43 HB Usermytrose43 HB Usermytrose43 HB Usermytrose43 HB User

Hi I have a pacemaker for tachy/brady syndrome I got it in Dec of 2005 ,I have not had any problems since then , You do not feel the pacemaker working depending on where they put it mine is on my left side upper chest and i can feel it in there but it does not bother me in anyway .It should help alot with your SOB and fatigue if you have that, basically it will keep your heart from going to slow or to fast they have setting that the Dr will set for you and they will keep resetting until they find what is best for you ,It is wonderful little thing many mant people are here today because of having a pacemaker , when you see the Dr ask as many questions as you can think of and keep asking until you feel comfortable with the answers .I will keep you on my mind and wish you the best on april 12th (that is my daughter and my grand daughters birthday ) Best of luck and keep us posted
thanks Valerie

The following user gives a hug of support to mytrose43:
DetroitGyrl2005 (02-22-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to mytrose43 For This Useful Post:
DetroitGyrl2005 (02-22-2011)
Old 02-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #5
(female)

DetroitGyrl2005 HB User

Thank-You Mytrose43 for the reply.. I am quite frightened but if its a change for the better then I am all for it. I don't like being tired all the time, I want to enjoy life but I do not have much energy. I can't wait to go to this doctor so I could get started...I fell myself going into a Depression...

The following user gives a hug of support to DetroitGyrl2005:
mytrose43 (02-22-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to DetroitGyrl2005 For This Useful Post:
mytrose43 (02-22-2011)
Old 04-06-2011, 08:26 AM   #6
(male)

GOff123 HB User

wow, you definatley will be OK. my husband had his pacemaker put in yesterday for the same diagnosis. he's 43 and had a fainting episode about 3 weeks ago... sent him home and said it (his heart) would right itself, come back in a few weeks. he was dizzy sunday, bp 89/51 pulse 155 told him he needed to go in because i couldnt get his bp up. they put him on something to slow his heart and a blood thinner to prevent clotting. admitted him for overnight observation with a monitor, had a stress test next day and wham... was told he needed a pacemaker. next day (yesterday) had it installed, and today he's coming home. IT WORKED! and he feels GREAT!! you will too!!! )

The following user gives a hug of support to GOff123:
DetroitGyrl2005 (04-07-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to GOff123 For This Useful Post:
DetroitGyrl2005 (04-07-2011)
Closed Thread