It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2011, 10:23 AM   #1
(male)

cvcman HB Usercvcman HB Usercvcman HB User
stent 5 months ago weird chest pains

had an lad stent about 5 months ago, i do have chest pains more when sitting around and it seems like more on an empty stomach....I ride my bike everyday and keep my HR around 135 I am 52 yrs old. I have no discomfort when biking...Any of you guys have anything like this

Old 02-21-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

started04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB User
Re: stent 5 months ago weird chest pains

Angina pectoris is chest pain that can be stable or unstable. Stable is no chest pain with rest, and unstable is chest pain with exertion. The underlying cause is reduced blood flow with exertion, but with rest the blood pumped is sufficient to feed oxygenated blood to the distressed area.

Ther is another malady that is variant angina pectoris is also called Prinzmetal's angina. It usually occurs spotaneously, and unlike typical angina, it nearly always occurs when a person is at rest. It doesn't follow physical exertion or emotional stress, either. Attacks can be very painful and usually occur between midnight and 8 a.m.

Hope this helps. Take care.

KenKeith

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #3
(male)

mine isnt that painfull,more like hearburn...I told my cardio i never hurt when pushing myself during exersise or snow shoveling etc. And when working out at hr of 138 and I stop, my hr goes back to normal in less than 2 minutes ! My discomfort is mainly on an empty stomach...I sleep fine no pain or problems...and its lower chest like right where that bump is

Old 02-21-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User

cvcman,
My angina was a burning sensation in the throat.

I could move heavy furniture, climb stairs etc; without experiencing any pain. At other times I would get pain while moving the car out of the driveway or doing some simple task that didn't require any effort at all.

I know your Doc says it's nothing but it might pay to get a second opinion.

Last edited by Vyking; 02-21-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User

Another thing....
Cardiac pain can be anywhere between the jaw area and the belly button front or back.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #6
(male)

so can indigesttion pain or other pain...You mean to say you could excersise at hight heart rates with NO problems, but have pain from heart problem when resting but not when stressing the heart ?? He just said he doesnt think its my heart or i wouldnt be able to workout as hard as I do with no pain

Old 02-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #7
Veteran
(male)

Lol ....... I have never exercised at a high heart rate that was part of my problem.

You've been complaining about these pains for months now, why don't you see another doctor and get a second opinion.
You should have had it sorted out by now.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:54 AM   #8
(male)

I have been back and spoken to both the surgeon who did the stent and the cardio Dr who found the blockage, both are supposed to be top cardio Drs ! Both have said they dont think I have a problem, if I did I would not be able to workout like i do, I would have severe pain or discomfort at high heart rates ...They sad some peopl do experiance pains post stent..

They feel im keying into it because of the pain....I would doubt it is my heart due to it seems to be all over the place but I guess the only think I could do is lie and say its severe and they would give me another stress test ...Somehow I dont think thats a good idea

Old 02-22-2011, 12:18 PM   #9
Veteran
(male)

I'm not saying it is your heart.
I'm saying see another doctor to try and find the cause of the pain.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #10
(male)

oh, well these guys seem to think its reflux/hiatial hernia due to plavix,full strength aspirin and simvistatin.....I really dont want to take any more meds ....

Closed Thread