It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2011, 04:02 PM   #1
(male)

dtess44 HB User
rapid heart beats and dizzyness after episode

I was recently working out and had blacked out...or nearly...after my 5th set of lat machine pulldowns...

...some history.

The night before i had a few glasses of wine at an event and ate little food...the next morning i passed on my protein power shake and went straight to the gym on an empty stomach...i took 25mgs of ephedrine and 125mg of caffeine prior to working out as i have done for over a year...i was also dehydrated somewhat...so yes, bad situation and cocktail for sure.

as above, i finished two miles on the treadmill as my warmup and after my last set of pulldowns I popped up from the machine and immediately felt like i was getting a head rush...this however turned into major blurred vision and the room spinning and reseting over and over and progressively getting worse...to top it off i started to loose my hearing, or well it felt like i was in a tunnel or underwater kind of...i got really scared and panicked and had a huge anxiety attack as it was not going away...some 15-20 secs after it all began i finally lost my balance completely and fell to my knees where i could feel the blood rush to my head...i tried to stand up slowly and it came back and started to happen again...i sat on the bench and it slowly went away but not totally...i made it to one of the trainers and stated i thought i was stroking or having a heart attack...he immediately calmed me down and got me some juice and water and took my vitals...bp way up...hr way up etc as expected due to the huge adrenalin dump and anxiety...

it was a friday and i went and showered and felt like complete crap the rest of the day...like i ran a marathon twice...saturday i made my way to the hospital as i woke up feelin pretty much the same. The emerg doc tested my blood and ran a few tests *ecg etc* and determined i had almost stroked and or had a heart attack..i had an elevated enzyme in my heart but it wasnt too high to cause concern..they kept me overnight and released me in the a.m....

i went to my family doc last week on friday and he is sending me for a cat scan and an ultrasound for my neck and heart along with a cardiac harness for 24 hrs ...my bp is a bit high too...

my big concern is i cant seem to stand or get around without feeling like im dizzy and having slight bouts of vertigo...i know anxiety is a big part as is the withdrawl as ive had no coffee or caffeine or ephedra etc for 10 days now...i just cant seem to get my bearings and i feel dumb and fuzzy and very very weak ...two weeks ago i could run 2miles and train weights for 2 hrs...now i can barely climb the stairs etc without feeling like crap and my heart pounding...

any idea whats happening...the dizziness is the worst part and the doc did say it is the visual receptors first hit when your bp drops taht fast taht send you into the state i was in...

im wondering how long it takes to get back to normal...its slowly gotten a bit better in the past few days but im still very much not myself...sleeping however is no problem and its only when im up and moving that i get to feeling bad...

thoughts???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: rapid heart beats and dizzyness after episode

Hi I hope the gymn is not done anymore, in my opinion the valves can be wrecked by the weights because the valve is thin and not like the thick heavy outside part of the muscle.
In my opinion this might especially happen if wine was taken and judgement a bit foggy so that the usual breathing technique is not followed. If it is too heavy it might happen in my opinion regardless of technique.

Wine sludges blood and is not suggested, it may cause a clot in my opinion. It is far better to get a juicer and make real fresh grape juice for antioxidants if any beverage is needed. With a heart problem even liquids should be carefully used, not too little and not too much, the amount depending on the weight of the person involved.

For exercise in the future I suggest it might be better to do a nice brisk walk outside in the sunshine and fresh air.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
dtess44 (03-01-2011)
Old 04-14-2011, 06:53 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: rapid heart beats and dizzyness after episode

Hi you are welcome detess44

Closed Thread