It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2011, 05:50 AM   #1
(female)

PGHPatient HB User
concerns about new heart medicines

Does anyone else have concerns about the new heart medicines? I use one that increases the efficiency of the heart by dilating the large heart vessels and suppressing the production of an enzyme the causes the heart to beat faster. It also causes one to become exhausted quickly. I can do anything for about 5 minutes, then I start getting fatigued. My doctor says that is a side effect of the medicine but that it does so much good that it is worth putting up with the side effects. I wonder what else is it dilating in the body? And what else does that enzyme do that it cannot now do? Does anyone else have any thoughts about this? Thank you.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: concerns about new heart medicines

I focus on clinical test results, and prefer the older medications, such as Coreg, which I see you also take.

The Pharmaceutical Companies and Medical Profession really don't know exactly what most medications totally do within the body. They don't even know, in many cases WHY the medications work the way that they do.

Most medications work by suppressing or blocking or inhibiting some of the 300+ hormones "randomly" circulating throughout our bodies at any one time. What happens within our bodies can vary significantly via interactions with other medications, supplements, foods, drinks or external stimulants and irritants.

So..... for me, the best I can hope for is to read clinical trial results and analysis, and try to determine the effectiveness of the meds that I am on, and hope that I get more beneficial results from the meds, rather than the negative results.

Coreg, by the way, has been shown in clinical trials to reverse Insulin Resistance, and be favorable for Diabetics.

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2011, 03:19 AM   #3
(female)

PGHPatient HB User
Re: concerns about new heart medicines

That was interesting about Coreg and insulin. I am a type 1 brittle diabetic who is insulin sensitive. I have been getting more low readings than I used to and assumed it was for other reasons. Now I wonder. This gets to me since I only have this heart problem because I was in the hospital and was allowed to become so dehydrated that I went into Ketoacidosis and my electrolytes went south and caused the heart attack. But there is nothing that can be done about it now, the damage is done. Be sure to have someone with you who is familiar with your condition whenever you have to go to the hospital so that they can make sure everyone there knows what you need.

Closed Thread