It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
(male)

demens HB User
Extremely high heart rate when exercising

I realize that this topic has been made multiple times but the 5 threads i read through all had the same thing in common. And thats that the person in question said they felt fine despite their high heart rates and the rates themselves were not as high as mine. And i DO get tired, very tired.

I'm 27, Male, 6'4 200lbs. Not in tip top athletic condition but not overweight. Semi decent shape i would say, exercise on and off.

The reason i dont exercise as much as i would like is because of the concerns i have.

While running on a treadmill i am only able to go for about 10-15 (including a 2 min walking break). Dont go too fast, usually comes out to about 1-1.5 miles. My heart rate stays around 185-190. And i DO get extremely tired, extremely out of breath to the point i feel like i might faint. On top of that i have an issue with a cyst on my foot that causes some discomfort and also sharp pain from my knee to my foot all around the shin area (i'm guessing thats shin splits). The paint is so sharp that after the 10-15 min running i literally have to sit down to catch my breath but also because i can't stand on my feet because of the pain in my shins.

If i go with the elliptical instead i dont have the shin pain issues. I can do about 20-25 min. Not be as tired as running but the heart rate doesn't change much, it goes over 190 regularly about 10 minutes into it sometimes even going as far as 200 at which point i slow down significantly.

15-20 min range is typically when i get tired when doing things involving constant motion like basketball for example. Out of breath, faint feeling.

Its not as severe during other exercises, typically i dont get out of breath. But i do get the feeling of fainting.

I always thought it was just a question of working hard and pushing yourself and that you're suppose to be feel like that. But my heart rate is scaring me a bit. There was this story about that High School kid that died during a basketball game because of an enlarged heart and its been really bothering me thinking thats what i might have. No insurance so a check up is not really an option currently.

Any advice?

Last edited by demens; 03-14-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Extremely high heart rate when exercising

Hi a Hospital can't or is not really supposed to turn a person away in an emergency and with a heart rate that high it seems like it to me. Also the hospitals in this area, at least, have a plan for the poor so they can get care.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #3
(male)

demens HB User

I forgot to add, my resting heart rate seems fine. in the 60s typically. So its only during fairly intense physical activity.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi on second thought one place on the net seems to indicate that for age and exercise this may be the top of normal but I would still be careful maybe not to let it get so far in case one day it goes beyond.

Closed Thread