It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2011, 01:37 PM   #1
(female)

hope floats HB User
doctors don't know why my chest hurts

Over the last three years I have been having issues with chest pain.

A little family history.. I am a 50 year old Mom of 3. My father died at 57 from a massive heart attack. 10 years prior doctors ignored his complaints of chest pain. My middle brother had his first heart attack at 43, and at 45 he became permanently disabled because of his heart. In two years he had 3 heart attacks, and had several heart procedures. My oldest brother became disabled because of his heart at 49. He has had several heart procedures also. My Mom has had 6 surgeries because of her arteries. Her first was @ 54.

I have had several test ran on my heart to try to find why I have chest pain. EKG comes back somewhat irregular but not bad. Stress test shows no reason for real concern. They have found however that I have mild MVP with a slight regurgitation. I have a problem with my thyroid. Scarring on my lungs, and a bone disorder. I am also in menapause. These are things they found while trying to explain my chest pain and other heart related symptoms.

The doctor put me on medication for MVP, and water pills for swelling. Medication for my thyroid, and hormones for menapause.

My blood pressure has always been almost perfect 120/70's to 130/80's. Recently within the last 6 months my pressure drops...sometimes as low as 80/50. I wore a heart monitor for 4 weeks, which all these things were recorded. I have been taken off the heart and water medication.

My primary doctor sent me to a cardio doctor because she was at a loss as to why the test were not explaining why I was having the chest pain, shoulder, jaw, and neck pain. Why I was constantly tired. By this time I was very discouraged.

The cardio doctor did nothing other than tick me off. He came in spent 10 minutes with me and knew my whole story. Started talking about test. About no real family history of heart problems. About my not having MVP, etc. I stood up and went over and peeked at the file he had to make sure it was mine. He was somewhat embarrased once he took the time to scan my file. Well of course he wanted to rerun some of the test that had just been ran.

He suggested that it was probably the menapause. When I said this started before the menapause did. Well it did not help matters when I started to cry and just wanted to leave. I was polite just very very discouraged. I am not a person who cries easily. I am the one who finds the good and humor in everything.

I have not been back to see this doctor since January.

What do I do?? My chest pain is now waking me up at night. I wake up in cold sweats, my shoulder blade on the left side feels like it is an on and off pain. The other symptoms come and go. I am still extremely tired.

I can go days with nothing. I can actually forget for a couple of days, but then when it starts back it comes back full force.

Give me your thoughts

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread