It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2011, 03:27 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Hard to breathe

I have had palpatations on and off for about 4 years now. It does usually get worse if im under stress.

I had some tests done , heart x ray, echocardiagram, treadmill stress test, and my cardio has called it mild AF. He has put a reader in my chest that stays in for about 2 years. I have this read every 2 months. It usually shows one or two episodes that lasts about 8 seconds where my heartbeat goes a bit whacko. I know when it happens as i feel really weird and a little faint, and also feel the thumps.

My Doc has put me on bisoprolol 2.5, it didnt help much so he put me up to 3mgs which made me feel so washed out and tired i asked to go back onto the 2.5. They are holding it at bay a bit i think, although i do still get the odd funny turn. He wanted to put me over to a calcium blocker? but when i read the side effects it brings the blood pressure down, and mine is already low ! i cant have it any lower otherwise i will be feeling faint all the time. So i decided to carry on with the bisoprolol.

The reason im writing is that i feel horrible lately. It's just hard work to breathe, im constantly yawning and needing to get a full lung full of air, which i cant seem to do. I dont know if its stress, as i have a lot in my life, or my heart is just not working well enough for me to breathe normally.

My Cardio Doc says everything is fine except this AF which comes and goes, but i just dont feel right at all, im tired (prob the beta blocker) but this breathing thing is getting me down and making me feel really worn out.

Any ideas what it could be and what i should do. I'm wondering if i should go back to him and ask for some more tests, i dont know what to do

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2011, 05:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Hard to breathe

It just may be the BB as it slows the heart rate down and yes, it is used for BP as well. Maybe you could try a new med. to see if it will help in spite of your low BP. When was the last time you had tests done? I'd have a talk with the Dr. and see if he feels you might need any new tests or just a change in meds.

Best of wishes.....JJ....

Old 03-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Re: Hard to breathe

Ive had another rough day today...

It's hard to explain really. It's just such hard work to breathe properly. I'm exhausted from just try ing to go about my business without being so short of breath.

I am wondering if it has anything to do with low blood sugar. As i was bad just before my lunch and felt better after id eaten, then tonight before my dinner it came back bad again, and has eased a little since ive eaten, although not totally. I'm so fed up i feel like just going to sleep and not waking up, its so damn tiring and wearing me down.

Closed Thread