It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
(male)

23omni1 HB User
Heart Problem?

First, as general information, I am a 17 year old male and I have never had any major health problems before (nor have I ever done things like take drugs, have sex, etc.)

The other day in school while I was sitting in my class, I passed out. As described by my friends later, fell over from my desk (my head did not hit the floor), my legs shook for a second, and I was back up within 5 seconds. I did not expect it at all, and my only complaint would be the second before I had a slight pain in my chest. Nevertheless, it was suggested that I go to the ER to be checked to see if anything was wrong. At the hospital, I had an EKG performed and a chest X-Ray and I was told that all was well, and I had probably fainted because of stress (for the record, I am in 3 AP classes, I am self studying another 3 AP tests, I had SATs the next day, which I ended up taking, and my father had died four months ago on that day). Nothing more was really made of the situation.

This happened on a Friday, and I was fine until Monday. At that point, it seemed as if thoughts of this or something more serious dominated my mind. Then, I started feeling slight pains throughout my body, which I tried to think nothing of, but my fear after fainting made me amplify my thoughts, but I generally still felt that nothing was wrong. Today, Thursday, I am starting to feel more worried. Since last night, I have had a strange feeling of "gas" coming out of my heart area (left chest area). It is by no means painful; it just feels like a "burp", with my left chest being the source of the gas instead of my stomach. Today, I had to do a somewhat stressful lab in Chemistry that required me to walk from the front to the back of the room several times. At the end of the lab, I was all but winded and I feet extremely tired and worn out and I could not catch my breath. Likewise, I felt this gas coming from my chest area, as described above. In addition, I had an extreme urge to pee, but I could not get up at the time. After another period, I felt fine, as I do now. I am just getting really worried that this is something more. It has come to completely dominate my thoughts, which also makes me think I could be amplifying this situation since it is the only thing I can possibly think about. Is this something I should be worried about, or is it really nothing? Any help would be greatly appreciated; thank you in advance!

EDIT: I also should note that I have a family history for heart disease, from both sides of my family.

Last edited by 23omni1; 03-17-2011 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Added information

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2011, 05:01 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Heart Problem?

Hi anytime someone passes out unexpectedly it is a bit unusual. Is there a follow up appointment with a regular doctor or cardiologist? Another thing to keep in mind is that some of the symptoms were suffered in the chemistry lab perhaps there is an allergy to something in there. This might interfere with schooling it is too bad someone does not figure out a way to do chem class without any breathing of smelly or dangerous chemicals. It seems to me some of these things could be observed with videos nowdays instead of exposing people to things they aught not to be exposed to. Perhaps the teacher may accept some alternate solution such as video viewing and other study of chemistry in other ways.

Last edited by sjb; 03-18-2011 at 05:02 AM. Reason: typo at post

Closed Thread