It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
(male)

mikevm HB User
Question Lingering Atenolol Effects?

just a quick question: how long until Atenolol clears my system completely?

I was taken off atenolol 8 days ago without any issues, except for one: my resting pulse is STILL in the 50-60 range! before I started atenolol it was in the 70-80 range, so something is clearly not right.

I assumed that it would take less than a week to flush out this ineffective drug. why are these effects still lingering?

Old 03-22-2011, 02:25 AM   #2
(male)

mikevm HB User
Re: Lingering Atenolol Effects?

my pulse is still 55 tonight. haven't been on atenolol for 12 days. what's the deal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

How many mgs. were you on and did you just quit or wean off? I was on 50 mgs. and I weaned off over a 2 week period, just lowering the doseage. I think it took me about 3 weeks to actually get it out of my system, everyone is different. Hopefully it should be out within another few days.

Good luck....JJ...

Old 04-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #4
(male)

mikevm HB User

my pulse is still 55-60, was 75-85 before starting atenolol. I've been off atenolol FOR A WHOLE MONTH.

seeing the cardiologist on Friday. not to mention, now I'm getting chest pains in the left-center of my chest.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Glad your going to see the Cardio guy as it should have gone by now, plus don't like the chest pain thing.

Keep me posted and good luck...JJ...

Old 04-05-2011, 08:10 PM   #6
(male)

mikevm HB User

there's a chance it's just anxiety since it goes away with deep breathing exercise and the pain is never too severe (it's very sporadic and random, sometimes seems to be jabbing pain coinciding with each heartbeat), but will get it checked nonetheless. the pain is ALWAYS in the same spot - left-center of chest, about 1/2 inch to the right of my left nipple. i do have a tendency to get worked up easily, and being a college student in times like these is never easy on the mind.

blood pressure is OK at 128/82 currently. seems even when my BP is fine there is something else wrong! if it's not BP, it's chest pains and/or slow pulse

I had 170/100 on Saturday after a 7 hour plane ride and about 12-13 hours of travel overall (had to deal with customs and stuff), but I guess I can attribute that to stress as well since it's come down significantly each day. the chest pains were significantly worse then too. I don't even want to imagine what my BP was in the air (I have a fear of heights)

i mean, come on! i'm a 21 year old who doesn't smoke, drinks only on the weekends, and isn't overweight! thought i wouldn't have to deal with this nonsense til my late 20s at least. i can deal with slightly high blood pressure... but the chest pains, those get me anxious!

Last edited by mikevm; 04-05-2011 at 08:13 PM.

Closed Thread