It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
(male)

shefa HB User
Heart disease and blood pressure medications

My name is Anatoly Petrov and I have had a heart attack on 09/21/09/- my middle left ventricle artery was 100% occluded/ after my bare metal stents were clogged and I almost got another heart attack, a DES was placed inside those two. Since then I have been having constant CHEST PAIN, back pain, dizziness, nausea and muscle cramps. I am currently on Plavix/75mg/, Aspirin/162mg/, Simvastatin/20 mg/, Lisinopril/10mg/ and Carvedilol/6.25 mg twice a day/. Since I have been having those side effects, with the doctor's approval stopped Lisinopril for a little bit and felt much better- unfortunately my blood pressure went a little up. Then my PCP substitute it for Losartan- have been taking this drug/25 mg/ for a week and feel EXTREMELY dizzy and NAUSEATED/feeling I am going to pass out/- the other side effects almost disappeared/ The cardiologist suggested to cut Carvedilol in half and 3 days ago I started taking 3.125 twice a day instead of 6.25 and my chest pain almost disappeared/. I don't know if Losartan can cause this extreme dizziness and nausea or just switching drugs my body needs more time...? The above mentioned side effects are very bothersome and I don't know if they are from Losartan or...just need time? Apparently I cannot tolerate well any blood pressure medication, even in low doses. From your experience: looking for BP medications with good proven record and less side effects? Do I still have to take beta blockers and/or/ ACE inhibitors/ ARB's/ for the rest of my life or there is another alternative- I understand they are very useful after a heart attack but I feel horrible. Statins and Plavix do not give me any trouble so far. Last night I ended up in the emergency room with chest pain/while I was walking/. All the troponin levels were ok and the stress test in the morning was ok too. Pain is still here- not as sharp as used to be. Nausea is a little better. I am scheduled for a nuclear stress test this Monday. Any opinion and advice will be greatly appreciated since apparently my cardiologist here cannot help me. Thank you very much for your time and consideration- I do not know who else to contact and have a feeling that my body is shutting off.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Heart disease and blood pressure medications

Sorry you have been through so much. Hubby went through the blocked artery thing in Nov. and also been on a lot of new meds.

Were you on any BP med. before all of this? Hubby was on BP meds. before, and after his surgery they put him on the Lisinopril but after being released from the hospital his Dr. put him back on Losartin. I was on it for about 3 months due to my ARB Avapro being so expensive, but I didn't care for the Losartan at all. I also got quite dizzy the first few weeks and then I noticed way too many pains and aches, especially back and legs. Dr. switched me back to my Avapro, costly, but worth not having so many pains and aches.

After this happened hubby noticed his Dr. had upt his doseage of Losartan and he also was complaining of pains and aches so he lowered his doseage in half and feels better. I'd have a talk with your Dr. and ask if there is something else you can try. Like you, I am very sensative to meds. but if you need a BP med. let them keep trying till they find one that agrees with you.

Good luck on your test monday....JJ....

Old 03-18-2011, 05:53 PM   #3
(male)

shefa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Sorry you have been through so much. Hubby went through the blocked artery thing in Nov. and also been on a lot of new meds.

Were you on any BP med. before all of this? Hubby was on BP meds. before, and after his surgery they put him on the Lisinopril but after being released from the hospital his Dr. put him back on Losartin. I was on it for about 3 months due to my ARB Avapro being so expensive, but I didn't care for the Losartan at all. I also got quite dizzy the first few weeks and then I noticed way too many pains and aches, especially back and legs. Dr. switched me back to my Avapro, costly, but worth not having so many pains and aches.

After this happened hubby noticed his Dr. had upt his doseage of Losartan and he also was complaining of pains and aches so he lowered his doseage in half and feels better. I'd have a talk with your Dr. and ask if there is something else you can try. Like you, I am very sensative to meds. but if you need a BP med. let them keep trying till they find one that agrees with you.

Good luck on your test monday....JJ....

Old 03-18-2011, 05:56 PM   #4
(male)

shefa HB User

Thank you very much for your response. No, I haven't been on any meds prior to this. I am a very athletic person but unfortunately after the radiation to my chest I got a heart attack 15 years later- so called radiation induced heart attack. This totally changed my life- so that's why aparently I do not tolerate medications. I will keep you posted if you don't mind- Monday is an important day for me and hopefully there is nothing wrong with my heart. Thanks again

Old 03-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Definately have a talk with Dr. about something new for BP. Yes...PLEASE do update us on how things go.

All the best of prayers and good wishes...JJ...

Old 03-19-2011, 08:33 AM   #6
(male)

shefa HB User

Thanks again for your response. Have you heard anything about Benicar? Pretty good reviews out there....Thanks

Old 03-19-2011, 08:35 AM   #7
(male)

shefa HB User

Thank you again for your response. Have you heard something about Benicar? Pretty good reviews out there....Thanks
Anatoly

Old 03-19-2011, 09:04 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

I don't know anyone personally that has taken it, only what I have read on here. You could ask on the high and low BP board to see what folks say.

Good luck monday and do keep us updated...JJ...

Closed Thread