It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2011, 09:53 AM   #1
(male)

RightAnswerPlz HB User
chest tightness, arm pain, jaw pain, neck pain, stomach pain, belching... *Whew*

Hello guys and girls... I posted in the GERD/Stomach section a few weeks ago, hoping for more responses here... Let me copy and past:

"I'm sure there are threads that have this same question, but I wanted to ask again and get an answer for myself.
I'm 23 years old, 5'10 230lbs. So yes, I'm am overweight, I know.

A few years ago I went to the ER with chest pains and a shortness of breath, anxiety, and was having panic attacks. My physician looked me over at the time, and due to my young age wrote it off as "anxiety".
Although he did do an ECHO on my heart just to make sure, which came back normal.

Over the last few years since, I've been in and out of the ER with stomach pain, arm pain that goes anywhere at any given time from the shoulder to the arm/forearm, and even into the hand.

At the time (about a year and a half ago) they did a xrays on my lungs, stomach area, that whole region, everything came back good.

About a month and a half ago I was having the pain in my stomach again as well as chest pain that goes anywhere from over the left breast to the center sometimes on the right chest, into my left arm I would getting shooting pains into the bicep area as well as for a time I was getting jaw pain and neck pain.
I went to my primary Dr to get checked out, he told me that I needed to just eat healthier and exercise more, which is agreeable, I do.

But for MY peace of mind I went to a cardiologist and had an ekg done, came back fine (although he said there was a slight abnormality, but he said that it was common) and had a Stress Test done which I was told I passed with flying colors. Also I had an ECHO done which all came back good, valves working fine and all (This was a little over a month ago)

(Oh yeah, I also have been to a GI and had an endoscopy done, they removed some polyps that they said weren't cancerous, and I believe they said I had some acidity (or something like that) I unfortunately got busy and couldn't get back in with the GI dr to get full results - This was about a year ago.

Now though, I'm getting the pains again, honestly, they never really went away I guess, always there somewhat, but now they are intensified I guess.

Chest pain comes and goes in different parts of the chest, my left arm will get pains in different parts, as well as my left hand. My right arm at times too. I'm having some jaw pain as well (I'm probably grinding my teeth worrying about it - Anxiety stinks) I'm burping A LOT, sometimes when that happens I have a nasty taste in my mouth, and I have this cough that will NOT go away. I feel it in my throat, an annoying itch and at times I swear it's coming from my stomach (If that makes any sense). And of course, stomach discomfort, sometimes pain, sometimes feels full or bloated in the upper part/lower chest.

I don't know if I should go and get another endoscopy done or what... Is this G.E.R.D? Should I get an M.R.I.? I'm at a loss with this.
It's debilitating to say the least and always a scary.
Thanks guys. "

- Today and the last week or so have been really bad.
Horrible chest tightness (mostly by my collarbone, but it spreads to the left and right chest and into my neck and jaw) - I might have TMJ not sure. I can open my jaw up about 75% then I have to 'pop it' to open it up all the way and it causes a little pain.
I get horrible pain in my left arm too still and also in my right arm as well and it goes into my hand.
Lately my throat area/neck has been bothering me too.
I have really been on edge lately, and can't this off my mind.

Thursday night I woke up at 4am with the stomach virus and spend the whole night/day vomiting and the next day recovering and achy. Only those 2 days did I notice that I wasn't having the pain that I have everyday - I'm baffled by this.

I have an appointment today at 3:00 with my GI doctor to work up concerns about my stomach... I doubt this will help.
I also have an appointment with an Orthopedic doctor the second week in April

-D

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2011, 02:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: chest tightness, arm pain, jaw pain, neck pain, stomach pain, belching... *Whew*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightAnswerPlz View Post
... I'm 23 years old, 5'10 230lbs. So yes, I'm am overweight, I know.
You may have answered your own question.

One of the main causes for bad health is an unbalanced, or dysfunctional metabolism, which is usually caused by an unhealthy diet.

The first approach I would take to any unexplained health problem(s) is to go on a healthy diet and get down to a healthy weight, which would get the metabolism better in balance and functional.

If, after that, the unexplained health problems persist, then I would look elsewhere. One thing is sure is that a healthy diet with a healthy weight will certainly make one feel much better, IMHO.

I realize that a healthy diet is easier said than done.

⇒ I avoid common ordinary but unhealthy household items
⇒ Balanced, healthy diet
⇒ Exercise
⇒ I alter my Circadian Rhythm
⇒ I LOVE COREG!

Last edited by Machaon; 03-21-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:51 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: chest tightness, arm pain, jaw pain, neck pain, stomach pain, belching... *Whew*

Hi the stomach needs rest between meals, the heart needs a daily brisk walk without extra added calories. Smaller portion sizes for meals less oils, fats, meats, dairies, may help the heart also. If one uses about three cups of food now then perhaps 2 and 1/2 cups could be used. If one measures for a few meals soon it will be possible to look at it and know about how much food is there without actually measuring carefully. If later not enough weight has been lost then perhaps 3 cups could be used instead of 3 and a half cups etc. until satisfactory results are obtained. A person should be willing to be just a bit hungry with an appetite for maybe as long as an hour before the next meal it usually will not harm a person unless there is hypoglycemia problems or insulin difficulties.
It will be worth the wait for the sake of health. The sources I respect say a person should not snack at all. The breakfast should be large like a king the lunch like a queen and the supper should be like a poor person according to some. The evening meal should have no nuts, fats or things that are difficult to digest. It might be good to have a peice of bread with a homemade fruit spread and a peice of fruit.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:45 AM   #4
(male)

RightAnswerPlz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Hi the stomach needs rest between meals, the heart needs a daily brisk walk without extra added calories. Smaller portion sizes for meals less oils, fats, meats, dairies, may help the heart also. If one uses about three cups of food now then perhaps 2 and 1/2 cups could be used. If one measures for a few meals soon it will be possible to look at it and know about how much food is there without actually measuring carefully. If later not enough weight has been lost then perhaps 3 cups could be used instead of 3 and a half cups etc. until satisfactory results are obtained. A person should be willing to be just a bit hungry with an appetite for maybe as long as an hour before the next meal it usually will not harm a person unless there is hypoglycemia problems or insulin difficulties.
It will be worth the wait for the sake of health. The sources I respect say a person should not snack at all. The breakfast should be large like a king the lunch like a queen and the supper should be like a poor person according to some. The evening meal should have no nuts, fats or things that are difficult to digest. It might be good to have a peice of bread with a homemade fruit spread and a peice of fruit.

My Primary Dr. has told me that every time I see him.
I've changed my diet a lot and hoping to see health results soon. I've lost some weight, I'm not sure how much though, my clothes are baggy and are loose fitting... It's hard sometimes to have the willingness to go for a bike ride or do something after such a long and intense day at work, I'm usually emotionally, physically drained. - Although I just turned 24, I have a VERY stressful and time consuming job that requires me to work long hours (usually 12 strait hours a day 5-6 days a week). The stress that comes with this job is incredible and it's hard for me to ever get a full breakfast in when I'm always rushing... I usually just grab a Breakfast bar on my way out the door. I guess I'm gonna have to try and sit for a few minutes more each morning and eat something more filling.
For being a big guy though, I don't eat a lot of food... Although in recent past I was just hitting a drive thru for my 30 minute lunch break to grab something fast so I could get back to work.

Thanks for the input so far guys.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:05 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi a crockpot with a couple bags of frozen stew vegetables and some well chosen seasonings could be quickly put in and then the whole lunch will be done in probably almost faster time than that required for sitting at the fast food stop.

If two crockpots are obtained one can be used for the rice or the oatmeal at breakfast then fresh fruit may be added to this or cooked frozen fruit and nuts. Other crockpot foods for breakfast might even be beans with veges. A lot of people think nothing of having potatoes for breakfast in various ways which can quickly be washed and the bad spots taken out if any and merely put in the crockpot. They will be ready for the following day. They can be cut in half after cooking and put in a thermos if desired.

Fruits and vegetables should not be mixed in the same meal.

Closed Thread