It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
(female)

urgentneedhelp HB User
Is it angina or other heart disease?

Hello everyone,I'm 23 years female and I'm kinda confused in which category I should post. But, since the symptoms are connected one another, so I post it here. Here it goes. I have difficulty breathing since 3 years ago. It only attacked occasionally at the first time. But as time went by, the symptom strikes regularly (2-3 times/week) and this is very annoying . My heartbeat's also unstable. Sometimes my heart beats slowly and stark. My left chest hurts sometimes and I feel like the chest muscle's pulled, so I have to inhale and exhale a little bit so I get better.I feel tightness in my neck,too. And I can feel like something's stuck in my throat. That's why I have uncomfortable feeling every time I eat.

Another symptom is,I have muscle twitching all over my body. And it happens everyday, also 3 years ago before I had problem with shortness of breath. I don't know if it's related to my difficulty breathing.

Plus, I have 'new' symptom, which is the radiating pain in neck to my jaw and my teeth. And I have trouble in swallowing food(I suffer from this before the pain in my neck attacking). Really, this scares me a lot. I read the article that the spreaded pain in neck to jaw can be symptom of heart disorder.

Besides, I feel tired and sleepy everyday, and I can feel so tired even if I only have a short walk. I also don't have regular menstrual cycle. I have problem with my vaginal discharge. I had this since I was 13 years old (yes!10 years already!) and it appears everyday (except if I have my period). And I never had this checked.

Last night I felt so sick. When I was on my PC, my heart suddenly beat so fast and I had difficulty breathing and I felt dizziness. And then, I felt cold and I shivered a lot. I tried to calm down and overcome the shiver, although it's difficult. I could sleep after a while.

I already went to internist, got my blood checked and the result's fine. I have another appointment with a cardiologist next week, I hope that I know what my problem exactly is.

I have GERD but I don't know if GERD can be this miserable and I'm not taking medicine at the moment. My weight's normal. Do I possibly have thyroid problem?or rather to angina pectoris?

I hope someone can answer my question. Sorry if my explanation's bad

Last edited by urgentneedhelp; 03-22-2011 at 03:37 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to urgentneedhelp:
maryhoopes (03-28-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Is it angina or other heart disease?

Your explanation is fine. I'm glad your going to a Cardio person and please, make sure even if they tell you your EKG is fine, to ask for a stress test. I know your young but EKGs can't always detect a heart problem.

It may be absolutely nothing with the heart but you want to get all the facts. If it is Gerd, which you say you have, you made be eating something different that is making it act up and yes, it could be Thyroid although didn't your Dr. check for this when doing the blood work? You will have to wait for the results to see what might possibly be going on, as if you have Gerd your Dr. may want you on a med. to help.

Hope all turns out ok, keep us posted...JJ...

The following user gives a hug of support to JJ:
urgentneedhelp (03-27-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to JJ For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

started04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB Userstarted04 HB User

If you have angina pectoris (heart related) a nitro pill can/will relieve the chest pain. That could help do a differential diagnosis. The relief would almost be immediate and taken during a visit with the doctor. Nitro also relieves some esophogeal pain as well.

I wish you well going forward, take care

KenKeith

The Following User Says Thank You to started04 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi If there was chest pain an EKG should have been done. Was there an ER visit? Perhaps it might be appropriate to visit the ER.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:08 AM   #5
(female)

urgentneedhelp HB User

thanks all for the reply,I just opened this forum again. Tomorrow I'm going to visit my cardiologist and I hope nothing bad happens. The symptoms are currently in the normal zone, let's see what my cardiologist says. I'll keep you posted

Last edited by urgentneedhelp; 03-27-2011 at 07:09 AM.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:43 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Wishing you all sorts of luck and good wishes. Keep us posted.JJ..

Closed Thread