| | My Heart/Chest Symptoms - Anyone?
Ok this is going to be a little long so I ask you please bare with me. And also, please don't focus on one single symptom.. I am a 23 year old male with no heart disease or any other disease that I'm aware of in the family history.
I don't smoke, I don't drink caffeine, I don't do drugs, I don't get a lot of exercise because I'm on the computer most of the day and I am not obese, I am skinny.
Every single doctor I see pretty much just ignores me/blows me off seeing as I'm only 23 years old and thinks this is all in my head. I know Anxiety and I know what it can do and I know my body.. I've always been an excessive worrier but this just started in February
(This part is probably going to be long)
- This all started on February 3rd. I was just sitting there on my computer.. not stressed out, or anxious or anything and my heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest and I got this weird numbness feeling inside of my chest.. it's really hard to describe this numbness feeling to people. It only did it for a few seconds until I leaned forward. Since then, nothing has been the same.
- When I stand up, my heart beats hard/about 50 BPM quicker and most of the time resumes to normal (some times it does not)
- I've had 4 Tachycardias that last 2-5 minutes since then. One was in the 140 BPM range.
- If I lay on my left side sometimes the left side of my chest (or on the inside of it) will feel like it's going numb
- My heart feels irregular specially at night. It'll slow down/speed up slightly.
- My exercise tolerance is WAY down
- Some times I get random sharp pains in the left side of my chest (Never radiates, no secondary symptoms) They usually last 3-5 minutes (One occasion it lasted for 10 hours)
- I get flutters in my heart (left side of my chest is where I feel them at least) they come and go very quickly, maybe 1-2 seconds. Just a fast rapid fire flutter.
- If I try to masturbate, not only does my heart beat hard, but I can feel it in my chest. I can feel it beating a lot harder than usual, but not quicker.. just harder... so yeah it's weird.
- I've had a ringing in my left ear (It jumped to the right) for the past 3-4 weeks
- Sometimes I feel a little uncoordinated when walking around. Not enough to say I've lost my balance but it's just a general feeling
- I get random feelings of chest numbness. Which I don't know how to describe.. it's like, the left side of your chest has this feeling inside of general discomfort and the best term I can use to even try to describe it is numbness.
- The last time I tried to lift something a little heavy, my heart started racing
- The last time I walked upstairs, my heart started racing
- Sometimes I get this odd buzzing/vibration sensation inside of my chest. Which is also a hard one to describe.. there's no visible shaking but it's just like an internal buzzing on my chest.
- If I put my hands on my chest to listen for a pulse, I can feel this buzzing randomly.
Does anyone have any idea what some of these symptoms could be? Please don't focus on one symptom and say "it could be this" or "it could be that"
Doctors pretty much ignore me when I start naming off symptoms because they think i'm crazy. My guess is Atrial Fibrillation but in order to get that diagnosed I would have to drive to a competent hospital 3-4 hours away. Anyone? Thanks for your time.
Last edited by coree7; 03-27-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Reason: Title change