It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2011, 04:08 PM   #1
(female)

Kelly0514 HB User
Stress Test ??

Hi all,

I'm a 29-year old female that has been battling high blood pressure for about a year. After numerous requests my doc finally put me on meds for it, but they didn't help. I finally went to get a 2nd opinion and the doctor immediatley sent me for an EKG which came up with 3 abnormalities. They dont' know for sure what is causing it, but are guessing either previous damage or possibly a blocked valve? Either way, they feel the high BP is what caused it.

I went for bloodwork this morning and wil be going for a Stres Test ASAP. I suffer from RSD in my foot so I am not able to run on the treadmill. They mentiond there is an alt way to do the stress test. Something with injecting something in me to simulate my heart beating faster, etc? Does anyone know anything about the non-walking stress test? Is is dangerous? Does the dye go through a normal IV in my arm?

I have enough problems with my RSD so this new heart issue has me really shaken up. They doubled my BP meds and haven't been feeling good since but they think my BP is finally down and my body is adjusting.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Old 03-28-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: Stress Test ??

Hmm .. The chemical stress test.

Yep, I've had one.
There's no need to worry, they slowly inject a drug through an IV line which increases your heart beat .. If you are able they will ask you to peddle a stationary bicycle fairly slowly for 4 minutes, apparently this helps the drug along.

They use another drug to bring your heart rate back to normal if needed.
Every proceedure has risks but don't worry the risks are minor.

You probably won't know your heart rate has increased unless you can see the monitor.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread