It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2011, 05:34 PM   #1
(male)

trajan HB User
Help - Skipped beats with heart pain?

Hi,

I have been getting skipped beats for over 15 years now and they come and go. I have been to several cardiologists through the years and have had stress tests, echo stress tests and even a stress test with contrast. Every one says I am fine. Back in January of this year I had a skipped beat that felt like my hurt squeezed strongly on a beat and it hurt somewhat. So if my heart was beating like ba-boom ba-boom ba-boom, I felt the strong heart squeeze on the boom beat. I hope I am making sense and explaining this correctly. I immediately called the Dr. and we did a echo stress test and no issues were found. Today it happened again and it has me somewhat worried. I am a 45 yr old male, I dont smoke or drink, eat pretty healthy and I usually run 5 miles a day but have not in the last 8 months due to a knee injury. I am about 12 lbs overweight than normal due to no exercise.

Has anyone ever felt this before? What could it be? What other tests can I have to see what this is? Any help or advice would be great. Thanks

Old 04-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Help - Skipped beats with heart pain?

Hi well can a brisk walk be done? I would eat a tad less per meal and try having the food a bit less greasy and sweet to keep the weight just right. I would drink plenty of water. 12 and a half glasses of water for a 200 pound male might be about right. Pineapple might help keep clots out of there and also foods with vitamin E such as avocado and whole wheat. I avoid peanut butter which has been hydrogenated since the hydrogenation stuff is said to stick in the heart and other small blood vessels.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2011, 08:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Help - Skipped beats with heart pain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trajan View Post
Hi,

I have been getting skipped beats for over 15 years now and they come and go. I have been to several cardiologists through the years and have had stress tests, echo stress tests and even a stress test with contrast. Every one says I am fine.
Many millions of people get occasional heart rhythm and heart beat abnormalities. In many cases, especially when younger, the heart beating problem hasn't been around long enough, or serious enough to cause any damage.

Quote:
Back in January of this year I had a skipped beat that felt like my hurt squeezed strongly on a beat and it hurt somewhat. So if my heart was beating like ba-boom ba-boom ba-boom, I felt the strong heart squeeze on the boom beat. I hope I am making sense and explaining this correctly. I immediately called the Dr. and we did a echo stress test and no issues were found. Today it happened again and it has me somewhat worried. I am a 45 yr old male, I dont smoke or drink, eat pretty healthy and I usually run 5 miles a day but have not in the last 8 months due to a knee injury. I am about 12 lbs overweight than normal due to no exercise.

Has anyone ever felt this before? What could it be? What other tests can I have to see what this is? Any help or advice would be great. Thanks
As we get older, heart beat conditions that used to be mild, tend to worsen. Something is agitating or stimulating or irritating your heart.

So..... what's a guy, or gal, to do when their heart behaves badly to an irritant, stimulant or agitation?

The first step would be to remove, or avoid, known stimulants and irritants, such as caffeine (in chocolate, coffee, tea or soda), cigarette smoke (first or second hand), too many carbs in one's diet, harsh odors, alcohol, and anything else that you can think of that might be over-stimulating or irritating your heart.

The second step would be to remove, or avoid, lesser known stimulants and irritants.

Regards, and good luck!

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 04-05-2011 at 08:44 AM.

Closed Thread