It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #1
(male)

anonymously HB User
I Found A Way to Conquer My PVCs

My PVCs began in 2009. They continued unabated 24/hours a day and drugs did not slow them down. I was so frustrated after 8 months I stopped the drugs and tried to live with the PVCs. Off the drugs for 6 months I decided to try a new cardiologist. His advice was to either try another drug, live with the PVCs or to begin an exercise regimen to get my heart rate to around 130 for 30 minutes 5 times a week. He told me that the heart sometimes repairs the electrical activity with heavy exercise. I said I’d try it. Well, as of today, it’s been 6 months on the treadmill and my PVCs are 99.99% gone. I now have one episode a WEEK usually after eating a large meal; it lasts for 5 seconds. Other than that: nothing! Some weeks I have had zero PVCs. I noticed improvement after each month of exercise at my target heart rate. I don’t know if this will help anyone else but it has changed my life for the better. Today is an exercise day for me and I look forward to it. My goal is ZERO, if you know what I mean.

Last edited by anonymously; 04-01-2011 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Made it shorter.

The Following User Says Thank You to anonymously For This Useful Post:
Machaon (04-01-2011)
Old 04-01-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: I Found A Way to Conquer My PVCs

Hi how often is home made whole wheat bread consumed?
How often are grapes and raisins consumed?
I read that some people die in a fit of rage, perhaps it would be better to think that a person meant well and shrug it off.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #3
(male)

anonymously HB User

SJB, Why equivocate? Just say it.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymously View Post
... He said to begin an exercise regimen to get my heart rate to around 130 for 30 minutes 5 times a week. He told me that the heart sometimes repairs the electrical activity with heavy exercise. I said I’d try it. Well, as of today, it’s been 6 months on the treadmill and my PVCs are 99.99% gone. ...
I wish that I had tried demanding physical exercise when I was much younger. My infrequent palpitations and tachycardia, when young, got worse and worse as I aged and caused heart failure in my 40's.

I am now close to 70 and find that demanding physical exercise has significantly improved my health and wellbeing. But I had no idea that it could lead to such dramatic improves, such as you have experienced.

Thanks for posting your experience and success. It could mean a big difference in others lives and health!

⇒ I avoid common ordinary but unhealthy household items
⇒ Balanced, healthy diet
⇒ Exercise
⇒ I alter my Circadian Rhythm
⇒ I LOVE COREG!

Last edited by Machaon; 04-01-2011 at 01:35 PM.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:43 PM   #5
(male)

anonymously HB User

Machaon, I'm also in my 60s and wish I had exercised more in my earlier years. I guess I was always on the run and never stopped to think. I see you like Coreg. I had an awful experience with it. I think beta blockers are not for everyone. I know it's supposed to be a wonderful drug but it was the bane of my existence for 8 months. In any event, I now better understand the value of exercise for the heart. Perhaps, my experience has been unique but my cardiologist tells me otherwise. I sure do feel better.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi bread is said by some to be the staff of life and good for the heart. The bread without additives is best. Grapes are also said to be good for the heart and have antioxidants in them. Pomegranite also has anti-oxidants in it. I would also check to make sure the electrolytes are in proper balance because sometimes that can cause heart difficulty and if a person is overweight with too much fat some of this clogs blood vessels so proper weight can be beneficial to heart health.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:39 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Machaon, I'm also in my 60s and wish I had exercised more in my earlier years. I guess I was always on the run and never stopped to think.
I have learned that, it is never too late. I am close to 70 and am doing up to six of the following exercises every day:
One Exercise Set=
  • 100 steps with both legs
  • 50 lifts with ten pound weight in each hand.
  • 70 curls with ten pound weight in each hand.
  • 15-20 pushups
  • 25 back lifts with two ten pound hand weights

Note: temporarily not doing back lifts. Hurt my back doing them!

We also do two 30 minute power walks each day.

Before I increased the sets and intensity of my daily exercises, I felt more tired, less mentally clear and just didn't feel as good. I also feel more physically capable to fix things around the house that my wife wants fixed ( unfortunately! )

Quote:
I see you like Coreg. I had an awful experience with it. I think beta blockers are not for everyone. I know it's supposed to be a wonderful drug but it was the bane of my existence for 8 months.
Coreg really kicked my arse for the first 22 days. Since then I have found it to be a miraculous medication, beyond my wildest dreams for what it does for my health!

I take 25mg twice a day. I also think that Coreg works better when combined with a healthy, balanced diet.

Buts..... like you say, Coreg is not for everyone. I don't know if I could work or be productive while on Coreg. It really leaves me without much energy. Even though I feel much better on Coreg, and it has greatly improved my life and health and chances for surviving Heart Failure, I have to pay the price by not having much energy or get-up-and-go. OTOH, at my age, even if I did get up and go, where would I go? Probably straight to my recliner and my TIVO!

Quote:
In any event, I now better understand the value of exercise for the heart. Perhaps, my experience has been unique but my cardiologist tells me otherwise. I sure do feel better.
I am glad for you that you feel better. That is great!

Exercise is KING! It is the best medicine anyone can take, either man or beast!

Take care........

⇒ I avoid common ordinary but unhealthy household items
⇒ Balanced, healthy diet
⇒ Exercise
⇒ I alter my Circadian Rhythm
⇒ I LOVE COREG!

Last edited by Machaon; 04-02-2011 at 10:42 AM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Machaon For This Useful Post:
anonymously (04-03-2011), theramses (04-03-2011)
Old 04-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

anonymously..That is so great to hear that you cleared it with natural ways. I also get them but not as bad as I used to. At one time they put me on Atenolol and although it helped, it made me very tired and to be honest it cut my exercise time almost in half.

Like you, I find if I am really busy and have my mind on many other things I don't seem to feel them. Could be mind over matter...who knows.

Sounds like it was along battle, but you did it......love hearing success stories. Thanks for sharing.

Keep up the good work...JJ..

Old 04-03-2011, 09:05 AM   #9
(male)

anonymously HB User

Machaon, thanks for your comments about your exercise regimen. Perhaps, I need to pick up the pace a bit. Your thoughts encouraged me to do so. Anon

Old 09-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #10
(male)

zapatista234 HB User

Quote:
My PVCs began in 2009. They continued unabated 24/hours a day and drugs did not slow them down. I was so frustrated after 8 months I stopped the drugs and tried to live with the PVCs. Off the drugs for 6 months I decided to try a new cardiologist. His advice was to either try another drug, live with the PVCs or to begin an exercise regimen to get my heart rate to around 130 for 30 minutes 5 times a week. He told me that the heart sometimes repairs the electrical activity with heavy exercise. I said Iíd try it. Well, as of today, itís been 6 months on the treadmill and my PVCs are 99.99% gone. I now have one episode a WEEK usually after eating a large meal; it lasts for 5 seconds. Other than that: nothing! Some weeks I have had zero PVCs. I noticed improvement after each month of exercise at my target heart rate. I donít know if this will help anyone else but it has changed my life for the better. Today is an exercise day for me and I look forward to it. My goal is ZERO, if you know what I mean.
Nice post. Because of you I have started working out on the treadmill several times a week! When did you start to notice a difference? Was it gradual?

Old 09-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #11
Facilitator
(female)

HI it is said that overeating is not good for the body. I find it interesting that the PVC's show up after a heavy meal.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:25 PM   #12
(male)

anonymously HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista234 View Post
Nice post. Because of you I have started working out on the treadmill several times a week! When did you start to notice a difference? Was it gradual?
Yes, it was gradual but I noticed a difference after 1 month. I'm still doing my 5 day/week exercise routine and my PVCs are still down to one episode a week...sometimes none. I've been on the treadmill now for 1 year. My blood pressure is also lower. I feel better overall and I look forward to the exercise. Good luck. Keep us posted on your progress.

Closed Thread