It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
(female)

MsTasha601 HB UserMsTasha601 HB User
Question Anwser To Stress Test Question Please!

There doesn't seem to be alot of activity on this board for some odd reason? But anyway I had my stress test today and I was just wondering if this is normal. When I started my resting heart rate was 89 then while walking it jumped up to 179 and I was completely outta breathe. I was walking on the tredmill for almost three minutes before she stopped the test.

Can't quite remember what my bp was. I don't see my cardio till next week so just seeing if anyone knows anything about these stress test. By the way i'm 23. I don't know if that was the correct time to be on the tredmill or out? Thanks!

Old 04-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: Anwser To Stress Test Question Please!

A stress test usually lasts a bit longer.
If the test was stopped she must have seen something of concern or you reached your target heart rate.

You didn't say if this was a chemical stress test - a chemical stress test is much shorter.

Your Dr will explain everything when you see him/her.

Good luck.

Last edited by Vyking; 04-20-2011 at 02:25 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vyking For This Useful Post:
MsTasha601 (04-20-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #3
(female)

No this was not a chemical stress test also had an echo and tilt table done today. I have been having shortness of breath,some chest pains,fast heartrate,and fainting spell. Thank you for you advice.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

I believe a stress test on a TM lasts about 15 minutes and is done in 3 stages. It's been a long time since hubby had one as now he gets the Nuclear one as he can't do the TM anymore.

The treadmill is started at a relatively slow "warm-up" speed. The treadmill speed and inclination are increased about every 3-4 minutes. Of course your BP is recorded during this every so many minutes. Could be your BP or HR went too high or as Vyking said, they saw something of concern especially seeing you said you were so out of breath.

Seeing you had the Tilt test and the Echo plus the stress test I guess they covered all the bases. Hopefully your results are ok.

Please keep us posted about your results and best of wishes..JJ..

The following user gives a hug of support to JJ:
sjb (04-21-2011)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JJ For This Useful Post:
MsTasha601 (04-20-2011), sjb (04-21-2011)
Old 04-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #5
(male)

cvcman HB Usercvcman HB Usercvcman HB User

well.. My cardio Dr GIVES me the test, that is the only way I would do it, not have the test then have someone read it. The cardio should be right there doing the test. When I asked my Dr how reliable the echo stress test was he said " its very reliable IF a cardio is there and not a tech giving the test and having it read later. When I did mine he was right there the ENTIRE time and THAT is how it should be given EVERYTIME !
That way he can see everyhting first hand which is VERY important

Old 04-25-2011, 09:37 PM   #6
(female)

All three test I had ran that day a nurse was there with me not the cardiologist.I was told he would be reading the results and I will find out my results this wednesday when I go see him. I guess different places have different procedures?

I'll probably find another cardio anyway cause this one thinks nothing is wrong he says i'm too young to have heart problems but no one knows their own body like they do!

Last edited by MsTasha601; 04-25-2011 at 09:40 PM.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #7
(male)

cvcman HB Usercvcman HB Usercvcman HB User

Yea if it were me I would look for a cardio Dr that gives the test, that is the best hands down ! Having it read after you do it is not as good as the Dr doing the test himself. Again mine was there the whole time watching EVERYTHING the echo and the treadmill. The nurse was holding the probe on the echo but he was at the screen 100% of the time.
I wouldnt want it any other way

The Following User Says Thank You to cvcman For This Useful Post:
MsTasha601 (04-26-2011)
Closed Thread