It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #1
(male)

man648 HB User
Triggers for the PVCs I experiance...

I've been trying to find the triggers for my PVCs and they seem to be....
bending over, twisting, sitting down on a chair can initiate the problem on contact to the total sitting position, sleeping on my right side - left side - or on my back. Twice while sleeping on my stomach I had a very nasty fast hard vibration for about 10 seconds and the second time I was in the CCU at the hospital. At the hospital the CCU nurses came running into my room and thought it had to be an electrode had came off, but it wasn't. Never really got an answer to those type. Also stress, excitement and emotions are triggers. A lot of the PVCs just happen whether I am awake or sleeping and for no known reason. I must say that every time I make certain body movements, do I have PVCs but I never know when they are going to appear. From reading many different posts I am sure there are those who have MUCH more PVC activity than I do. At one time for a few weeks I had them every minute, but no more, so far, like that. Some are very hard and some are not so intense. The runs or couplets I have on occasion are more scary than the singles. I have, in the past several years, had much more PVC activity than what I do now, but that changes from time to time. I don't drink or smoke but certain foods can and do trigger PVCs for me too. I try not to have caffeine or an excessive amount of sugar or over eating. No matter what I am doing, at times, PVCs appear with a rage. If I get through a day with just a very small amount of PVCs then they eventually come back with a vengeance.
It has given me much more peace to know I'm not alone with this problem and I wouldn't wish them on anyone, except my cardio to experience these for a week or so. They can only go by their schooling to, somewhat, understand our physical feeling of this disorder.
Thank you all for being here for talking about this problem and comparing/describing to each other about this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
(male)

awlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB User
Wink Re: Triggers for the PVCs I experiance...

Rest easy Oman, I often have 30 PVCs per minute and they make me dizzy and breathless. Mine come after every meal and when I'm tired. Asleep they're infrequent and sitting down I'm fine. I have no idea what is setting them off. It could be my pacemaker. BB help, but then I have to deal with the low blood pressure and since I have an autoimmune disease it only makes matters worse, so I stopped the BB. Once in a great while I have a good day, but for the most part the PVCs are always around. My friend sometimes you just have to learn to live with the bear. All the best. Awlright.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:44 AM   #3
(male)

man648 HB User
Re: Triggers for the PVCs I experiance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by awlright View Post
Rest easy Oman, I often have 30 PVCs per minute and they make me dizzy and breathless. Mine come after every meal and when I'm tired. Asleep they're infrequent and sitting down I'm fine. I have no idea what is setting them off. It could be my pacemaker. BB help, but then I have to deal with the low blood pressure and since I have an autoimmune disease it only makes matters worse, so I stopped the BB. Once in a great while I have a good day, but for the most part the PVCs are always around. My friend sometimes you just have to learn to live with the bear. All the best. Awlright.
Awlright, thanks for the reply. I do often wonder why some days are more pvc active than others and why times when I bend over it causes the pvcs and MOST times it doesn't cause, which I am very thankful for! The other pvcs just happen whenever, resting, being active or stressed. The big part is that I get gun-shy after having made a body movement that triggered a pvc. I was picking up sticks in my back yard and each time I bent over to pick one up it triggered a pvc. Now I may go out and pick up sticks the same bending over motion and not have any, again very thankful! You are so right that we must learn to live with them or we could let our mind take over in a negative way. As difficult as it has been for the last 40+ years, I do have to admit that, yes the pvcs are still here but so am I. Stress does play a part in this problem. My wife suffers with rheumatoid arthritis and a nasty case of RLS and it worries me to see her suffer so. You take care and I added you to my friend (contact) list. I do watch the posts pretty regularly looking for your posts as well as all the others. Thank you for being here......

Old 07-02-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
(male)

awlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB User
Wink Re: Triggers for the PVCs I experiance...

Glad I could be of some help. These things will drive you out of your mind if you let them. I spent 3 days in the hospital once with the worst attack of PVCs ever. Later had stress test, echo and EKG and the conclusion: my heart was fine. Medical science just does not know enough to figure out why we have them. But you're right about stress and anxiety, and above all else lack of sleep, coffee, tea, anything that stimulates the system. I've discovered the flollowing: if you exercise, do it before you have breakfast and it's not likely you'll experience PVCs. That works for me. Apparently after eating my vagus nerve is affected during digestion and thus, PVCs. Once that process is over and my stomach is empty, I have a rare one now and then but not one after every beat. The heart is difficult to understand emotionally or physically. What's best is as you said, don't let them get under your skin; it only makes them worse. Treating them creates more of a problem and studies indicate side effects only make matters worse. So, like you, I live with them and thank my lucky stars they are benign. Have a great weekend and stay cool. Awlright.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-16-2012 at 03:35 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to awlright For This Useful Post:
man648 (07-02-2011)
Closed Thread