It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
(male)

kyomagi HB User
Weird pvcs last night

Last night I was having your typical nightmare when I suddenly woke up to a thud thud thud and pause. I felt the pause when I took my pulse but the thuds were in my chest. I got up and felt no other symptoms. My heart rate was normal and I was not really panicked. I think I have this before last year but the er doc said nothing of it. The pause was short that I felt. What do you think?

I guess maybe i am thinking too much into it

Old 07-11-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Weird pvcs last night

Are you still taking Verapamil?

How long have you been having Heart Rhythm/Heart Beat problems?

As we get older, heart disorders can worsen over time. If it were me, I would watch for a worsening of the heart beat dysfunction and, if it happens, look into a medication adjustment in order to quiet down my heart.

What types of symptoms do you get with the weird beats? Dizziness? Shortness of Breath? Labored breathing? Ever feel like you are going to pass out?

If you are on a calcium channel blocker, like Verapamil, foods or drinks or supplements, which contain calcium can interfere with the medication, causing an increase in heart beat dysfunction. During the years that I was on Verapamil, I had to be very careful concerning when I ate dairy products.

There are also many, many things in our environment and home that can irritate the heart. That is why the medical industry makes so many medications that attempt to block or inhibit our body's over-reactions to our environment or home.

Lastly....... no more nightmares!

Make it a point to invite only sexy girls into your dreams!

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #3
(male)

kyomagi HB User

waLOL thanks. I do take 240mg of verapamil

My pvcs seem like they are random and not triggered by anything.

I can drink a gallon of milk, a pepsi and a coffee with nothing happen

I then will be doing nothing and i have one.

I have had pvcs since i was 23, 6 years total. They were bad way back in the day, but in 2008, my doc changed my meds and life got so much better. Went from 12k pvcs a day and now i have maybe 2-4 on a bad day.

My doc seems to think they are harmless, i have told him i have had 8-9 hard thumps in a row and he just shrugged it off. I also had a holter monitor and nothing came of it.

As far as symptoms, nothing. No dizzyness, nothing. It just happens and i go on about my day

Old 07-13-2011, 08:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyomagi View Post
I also had a holter monitor and nothing came of it.

As far as symptoms, nothing. No dizzyness, nothing. It just happens and i go on about my day
Our body's are much better at telling us that something is wrong, than our doctor, in most cases, IMHO. If someone has no nasty symptoms or health problems, there is a good chance that nothing significant is wrong.

When you combine the lack of worrisome symptoms with a slew of negative tests, then that reinforces our body's message that nothing significant is wrong.

Quote:
My pvcs seem like they are random and not triggered by anything.

I can drink a gallon of milk, a pepsi and a coffee with nothing happen

I then will be doing nothing and i have one.
It can be very difficult to link any specific thing to palpitations, PVCs, PACs, skipped beats, pauses, thumps, etc. Except, when it is obvious, of course. Just one cup of coffee, or a soft drink, or some dust, or some cigarette smoke, will almost immediately get my heart going nuts and will push my blood pressure way up.

Our body is a chemical factory. At any one time, the 300+ different, sometimes toxic, hormones and cytokines circulate through our bodies (ref: circadian rhythm). Foods, drinks, allergen, irritants, environment chemicals and odors, pollens, etc, can all trigger a hormonal, or cytokinal, reaction in our body, resulting in higher blood pressure or heartbeat problems. Many times the reaction is a delayed reaction making it even more difficult to trace an "occurrence" to a reaction.

The complex, mystifying hormonal/cytokine relationship to heartbeat, blood pressure, headache, pains and aches, weakness, etc., is a good part of the reason that it has taken me 25+ years to recover from Heart Failure, Permanent Atrial Fibrillation and chronic blood pressure problems. It's also the main reason why most doctors and cardiologists can't provide much in the way of help and explanation to their patients, except for prescribing pills that attempt to block or inhibit the wayward ways of our hormonal systems.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 07-13-2011 at 09:01 AM.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #5
(male)

kyomagi HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machaon View Post
Our body's are much better at telling us that something is wrong, than our doctor, in most cases, IMHO. If someone has no nasty symptoms or health problems, there is a good chance that nothing significant is wrong.

When you combine the lack of worrisome symptoms with a slew of negative tests, then that reinforces our body's message that nothing significant is wrong.

It can be very difficult to link any specific thing to palpitations, PVCs, PACs, skipped beats, pauses, thumps, etc. Except, when it is obvious, of course. Just one cup of coffee, or a soft drink, or some dust, or some cigarette smoke, will almost immediately get my heart going nuts and will push my blood pressure way up.

Our body is a chemical factory. At any one time, the 300+ different, sometimes toxic, hormones and cytokines circulate through our bodies (ref: circadian rhythm). Foods, drinks, allergen, irritants, environment chemicals and odors, pollens, etc, can all trigger a hormonal, or cytokinal, reaction in our body, resulting in higher blood pressure or heartbeat problems. Many times the reaction is a delayed reaction making it even more difficult to trace an "occurrence" to a reaction.

The complex, mystifying hormonal/cytokine relationship to heartbeat, blood pressure, headache, pains and aches, weakness, etc., is a good part of the reason that it has taken me 25+ years to recover from Heart Failure, Permanent Atrial Fibrillation and chronic blood pressure problems. It's also the main reason why most doctors and cardiologists can't provide much in the way of help and explanation to their patients, except for prescribing pills that attempt to block or inhibit the wayward ways of our hormonal systems.
Thanks for the input. I pretty much have just shrugged them off now a days. I have had the weirdest pumps, pvcs, palpitations pauses ect since i have been taking the higher dose of verapamil (1 year on 120mg and 3 years on 240) And thank the Lord, I am still thrill seeking, working out and just in general being myself.

Closed Thread