It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2011, 11:23 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

scout316 HB Userscout316 HB User
PACs,stomach,asthma,acid reflux...any connection?

Dx last year in June with heart PACs...does this seem right to anyone>it feels like my heart rumbles then it stops and it feels like a big thud before it beats normally again.I guess it's the pause that terrifies me.

Also sometimes I get where my heart seems to feel like it's stuck...it is a frightening feeling.It usually goes away fairly quick,but it does cause me a bit of lovely anxiety.I also have asrhma & acid reflux.I noticed that if I bend forward it brings the heart problems on.Can asthma/acid reflux cause heart problems?

Also I think that when I have gas in my stomach it puts pressure on my heart...anyone here relate to that?Please help if you can....I need your comments.

thank you
scout316

Old 07-11-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: PACs,stomach,asthma,acid reflux...any connection?

I'm not sure what you mean by your heart feels stuck.

Acid reflux can cause pain and pressure in the chest, a weird "stuck" feeling that's sometimes relieved by a belch, coughing, and other symptoms. It's the most common cause of persistent chest pain, once serious heart problems have been ruled out.

What kinds of cardiac tests did you have? Have you been diagnosed with reflux?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: PACs,stomach,asthma,acid reflux...any connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout316 View Post
Dx last year in June with heart PACs...does this seem right to anyone>it feels like my heart rumbles then it stops and it feels like a big thud before it beats normally again.I guess it's the pause that terrifies me.

Also sometimes I get where my heart seems to feel like it's stuck...it is a frightening feeling.
Back in the day, my heart used to completely stop for a beat or two, I would almost pass out, and then my 160bpm tachycardia would begin with a very strong heartbeat or thud. That started 50 years ago.

Quote:
It usually goes away fairly quick,but it does cause me a bit of lovely anxiety.
Well.... for you, at least it goes away quickly. Mine resulted, as I said, in a tachycardia that took me sometimes up to an hour to get rid of.

Quote:
I also have asthma & acid reflux.
I have Asthma and Heart Failure, among other health problems, all under reasonable control. When I accidentally come into contact with an allergen, I first get some indigestion. I then take action to remove or avoid or get away from the allergen.

So...... for me, indigestion gives me a warning and a head start in limiting Asthma reactions.

Quote:
I noticed that if I bend forward it brings the heart problems on.
My heart beat dysfunctions either come from a diet too high in salt, or potassium, or carbs. Before my Heart Failure significantly improved, my heart would beat badly depending upon my position sleeping.

For me, with Heart Failure, if I drink too much during the day, it bloats my stomach and puts too much pressure on my heart, making it very difficult to sleep and giving me breathing problems.

Quote:
Can asthma/acid reflux cause heart problems?
An Asthma attack can put extraordinary stress on one's heart. The real threat to one's heart, and one's health, IMHO, is not the Asthma, but the over-production of hormones and cytokines during an allergic attack. Heart medications attempt to block the over-production of these hormones and cytokines, but the meds can only do so much.

Quote:
Also I think that when I have gas in my stomach it puts pressure on my heart...anyone here relate to that?
Once again, I have Heart Failure. When I eat too much fiber during the day, or drink too much, it bloats my stomach, can give me both heart beat problems that night, and also give me breathing problems during the night.

I realize that we have different health problems, and are different. I am not suggesting, or even thinking that you have something seriously wrong with your heart. Just sharing some notes with you.

Take care..... best of health and luck!

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Closed Thread