It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2011, 12:51 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User
MVP, Palps and Test Results?? Help please :)

I decided to visit my EP doc because I haven't been there in about 5 years and started having more PVCs (palpitations, whatever they are) around my period. I have a history of beta blocker controlled tachycardia (unsure if it is IST or SVT) and palpitations.

She seemed to be pretty certain that I am fine and that there was nothing to worry about. But she had me get an echo-cardiogram and a single averaged EKG. I have had 2 echos in the past with great results. This time, the RN said the results were great...but she mentioned that there was some mitral regurgitation. I have never been told this before. She said it is no big deal and that my chambers are all normal size and function. She also said my ejection fraction is 57%.

The SA EKG also showed normal results she said. Nothing pathological. Of course, I didn't have a palp during the test (figures, right?).

So, I am wondering...is it normal to develop some regurgitation at 37 years with no history of it...or did I perhaps have it before and they just didn't mention it? Is this anything to worry about ever?? Could this be causing my increased PVCs? Is the EF of 57% just normal or good? What is the optimal number? And is the SA EKG any good if I do not have symptoms while it is being taken?

Sorry for all of the questions.

I will also mention that I have been taking about 2 tsps of Apple Cider Vinegar diluted with water about every other day (sometimes more). I noticed a pretty significant reduction in PVCs this month. I cannot figure how or why this works. The EP was a little leary, but told me to continue. I do think she has heard this before because while leary, she was surprised. Anyway, hope it lasts!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

miche31 HB Usermiche31 HB User
Re: MVP, Palps and Test Results?? Help please :)

Hello I just had an echo done this morning. I am waiting for the final Dr. diagnosis on Monday, but the tech told me that I have mitral and tricuspid regurgitation. From what she said and what I've read, it is fairly common. The tricuspid regurgitation occurs in almost 90% I believe. They only worry on the mitral regurg if you have mvp with it. She could not tell me if I had mvp or not, as there was bowing on the leaflets, but there is a new criteria on mpv now so she is not sure I fall into that or not. So I get to wait until Monday. I also have pvcs, pacs and svt and take Propanolol for it, with great success. At times I have to up it, and other times I can back off it. Just started back on my Lexapro 8 days ago to deal with severe anxiety over my heart. Sigh.. Best of luck to you. Michelle

Old 08-26-2011, 07:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User

I am sorry you have such anxiety about this. I can never seem to get over mine either. But it has lessened through the past few years. The two problems just go together so terribly, don't they??

Best to you and near future results!!!

Old 08-26-2011, 07:59 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

miche31 HB Usermiche31 HB User

The funny thing was, my heart fear actually did go away the last few years. When I was first diagnosed 6 years ago, I was so crazy scared about my heart and dying that I couldn't see straight, couldn't think, breath, etc. The anxiety was causing the svt, which in turn caused the anxiety. It crippled me so I finally did the Propanolol and Lexapro, which was a life saver. Then about 6 months ago I went off Lexapro, didn't feel like it was working anymore so I weaned off. I am guessing it must have been working more than I thought because my anxiety over my health has been a nightmare again this last month. Losing sleep, everything. So I guess it helped more than I thought. It doesn't take away normal anxiety, just the over exaggerated. Darn it. I think I'll have an actual heart attack if the Dr. said I really do need a heart operation! Take Care, Michelle

Closed Thread