It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2011, 11:08 PM   #16
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: Angiogram fears

158lb or about 72kg.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vyking For This Useful Post:
Cardico (09-07-2011)
Old 09-07-2011, 01:56 AM   #17
(female)

Cardico HB User

CVCman,

Thank goodness Vyking knows. I still work in metric.

I forgot to tell you that my doctor put me on ISISORBIDE MONONITRATE a couple of weeks ago and they made me violently ill. I refused to take any more after the first day and she's now made a note on her PC that I'm not to have them ever again. It's odd really because the strength of them was the lowest at 10mg, and she told me afterwards that she has patients who are taking 60mg twice a day without any adverse effects.

Cardico

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #18
(male)

cvcman HB Usercvcman HB Usercvcman HB User

humm well you do need to drop some weight at 5'2" tall 158 is too heavy, but im sure you know that. If you dropped 30 pounds you would probably have much more energy...but that being said are you a smoker ? either current or past ??
Im thinking they may find no issues with your heart and I hope they do not. Is this tiredness something new ??

Old 09-08-2011, 03:05 PM   #19
(female)

Cardico HB User

Your advice is exactly what I keep giving to my son and daughter-in-law. lol. "Lose some weight!!" Easier said than done, I'm afraid. But I have lost a bit these past few weeks. Doc weighed me today. 11st 13lbs. So a 5 lb loss. And I am now on one Aspirin a day, and one Bisoprolal Frumarate, recommended by the Consultant to see if that helps me.
I gave up smoking in 1981.
I did start to gain weight around 8 years ago when I moved house to where I am now. I guess I felt then that it was time for me to slow down and enjoy the pleasures of retirement. (I had a long career in the Entertainment industry that had me travelling all over the country at times, and keeping crazy time schedules) Although I haven't sat around on my *@! doing nothing these past few years. I have a zest for knowledge and learning new skills so have filled my time with adult education classes, Art (I paint), jewellery making, computers, to mention but a few. Busy busy busy!
Anyway, I hope you're thoughts that my weight might be the problem is right, but I'll just have to wait and see.
It's been a pleasure chatting to you about my present health predicament. Thanks for that.
Cardico

Old 09-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #20
(male)

GlenS HB User

I have had angio around 8 times. Have always been aprehensive about it. My doctor gives me a does of versaid before and all the worries go away. One minute you are waiting on it to start and the next second it is over. Never knew it even happened. Miracles through modern drugs. You can't beat it.

All kidding aside it isn't bad at all. But it is unnerving when someone in going to do something to your heart.

The Following User Says Thank You to GlenS For This Useful Post:
Cardico (09-19-2011)
Old 09-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #21
(female)

Cardico HB User
Thumbs up Re: Angiogram fears

Thanks Glen. My Angiogram is tomorrow morning. 8am. Wish me luck.

I feel confident though. I've had so many assurances from others who've had it done that I'm sure it will go well.

Cardico.

Closed Thread